Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: getting around Bohol

Nehalennia is offline DI Member
    Thanks

Default getting around Bohol

My gf and I are planning to spend a few days in Bohol. I'd like to take my motorbike, but it might be cheaper and easier to rent one there - any advice?

garbonzo is offline DI Member
    Thanks

Some of the resorts rent them out on Alona Beach, Panglao. Don't know how much, or if you have to be a guest of the resort. Might be best to check out all their websites and ring them up if you see anything good. Haven't seen any for rent in Tagbilaran - but never looked for any either. I'm sure any hotel clerk there can fix you up with a relative's/friend's bike....

Columbo is offline DI Member
    Thanks

I want to take my own bike from Dumaguete to Bohol. Who has information how? Is there a direct boat or do we have to go through Cebu?

sphinx is offline Junior Member
    Thanks

I think there is a ship that can accomodate your bike directly from dumaguete to bohol. I forgot the shipping line though. I have read it somewhere in a sunstar newspaper. They have a list of shipping schedules there. HTH

john boy is offline DI Member
    Thanks

For anybody plannig a trip to Bohol and want to have a day tour I can reccommend this guy.
    Minibus spotless, most polite and helpful.
    Marcelo Dumalauron....0919-6333235

c_rymz is offline DI Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Columbo View Post
    I want to take my own bike from Dumaguete to Bohol. Who has information how? Is there a direct boat or do we have to go through Cebu?
    Delta can accomodate your bike...i brought my bike Bohol to Dumaguete last December 2008 and i spent around 1,200 something for it...but it is direct from Bohol to Dumaguete...ring delta fast ferries./...

davfitz is offline DI Member
    Thanks

The following link is not completely reliable. It has some errors but it's a good start point and handy reference for ferry services between the islands:

Schedule.ph - All companies
    Le bon sang ne peut mentir!

dharmabum is offline DI Member
    Thanks

I am in Tagbilaran today. Jan 8,2010. What is a fair price to pay for a van for a day for one person.

I would like a 1/2 day tour with an hours snorkelling. My size and bad back prohibit a full day tour so I will aim for two 1/2 day tours. I've read a little about Panglow (sp ?) and based myself in Tagbilaran at the pricy but handy Metro Center.

garbonzo is offline DI Member
    Thanks

Top of my head and it's been well over a year since we've done it...I'd say somewhere around 2000 pesos for a half day van. You might get a regular car for a bit less though. If the MetroCenter can't do it for you...try the Wregent across the street. For a bit of snorkeling...if you are dumaguete based you might not be too thrilled with panglao snorkeling...It's ok, but very bland...not a lot to see...ordinary water quality...have to get out further offshore in a boat to make it worthwhile. Maybe dangkikong can make a recommendation out Anda way....certainly looks a lot better and very inviting when we've driven past...

john boy is offline DI Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dharmabum View Post
    I am in Tagbilaran today. Jan 8,2010. What is a fair price to pay for a van for a day for one person.

I would like a 1/2 day tour with an hours snorkelling. My size and bad back prohibit a full day tour so I will aim for two 1/2 day tours. I've read a little about Panglow (sp ?) and based myself in Tagbilaran at the pricy but handy Metro Center.
    Already posted my reconmendation try Marcelo 0919-6333235
    aprox 3000 per day He knows lots places and divers around the coast

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast