Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hotel/Pension Suggestions

liquido is offline DI Member
    Thanks

Default Hotel/Pension Suggestions

I plan on doing a 3-4 day recon trip to Tagbilaran..Im a single guy looking for a centrally located place to stay that would offer a/c,cable TV and wifi in rooms if possible i guess hotspot ok..Im not looking to stay in el cheapo or 5 star..Im also debating if i should bring my motorcycle or just walk and use tricycles on my first visit there..Im mainly interested in exploring Tagbilaran city at this time..

derivative_guru is offline DI Member
    Thanks

Default MetroCentre Hotel

MetroCentre Hotel:

The MetroCentre Hotel Homepage

davfitz is offline DI Member
    Thanks

We spent several delightful days in Tagbilaran at El Portal Inn. Here's a link

El Portal Inn - Tagbilaran City, Bohol - Where to Stay

A modest accommodation and not a resort. It sounds as it might be just what you are looking for.
    Le bon sang ne peut mentir!

garbonzo is offline DI Member
    Thanks

Haven't actually stayed at the MetroCentre for a few years - but have eaten there several times more recently. As I recall - some of their cheaper rooms....don't have windows.

That El Portal Inn looks interesting....thanks davfitz...have to check it out. Like the area. Bit away from the noise and pretty pleasant part of town.

Liquido if you are just interested in Tagbilaran I'd leave the bike at home....you can walk across the downtown area in half an hour. Plenty of cheap trikes if you want to go a bit further out. Rental rates on car/van with driver are pretty reasonable too if you want to explore the island.

davfitz is offline DI Member
    Thanks

Thanks garbonzo for reminding me. We hired a young man and his trike for a day and a half of touring at a very reasonable rate, which I can't recall at the moment. He considerately brought his pillow from his own bed at home to shield this longnose's butt from the worst of the bumpy roads.
    Le bon sang ne peut mentir!

liquido is offline DI Member
    Thanks

Thanks for the tip on El Portal..Your right,it was just what I was looking for..I took the ferry from Cebu to Tubigon which is only 2 hours..It then only took me 1 hour to drive my motorcycle to Tagbilaran..It sure beats taking the slow ferry (5 hours) if you have a vehicle to Tagbilaran...........

Quote Originally Posted by davfitz View Post
    We spent several delightful days in Tagbilaran at El Portal Inn. Here's a link

El Portal Inn - Tagbilaran City, Bohol - Where to Stay

A modest accommodation and not a resort. It sounds as it might be just what you are looking for.

curls is offline Junior Member
    Thanks

Question Hotel/Pension Suggestions

hi guys, i am planning a short vacation that ill be taking next week along with my boyfriend. this will be our first time in Bohol and i dont i really need your expertise when it comes to places to go and stay. we are on a tight budget though.
    if anyone can provide me a possible iterenary as well. we'll be in bohol by Nov 12-14 or i may extend it till 15. please provide inputs guys. thanks much!

garbonzo is offline DI Member
    Thanks

Hmmm...the Chocolate Hills 100% definitely worth seeing. Up the lookout, climbing about 200 steps...great view. Don't forget to get a couple coffee cups at the top to bring home.

The Lomboc river cruise is good too. You can take the larger boats with a bit of food and song...or do the cheaper trip on a small boat with guide.

Hands down best thing we experienced besides the Chocoloate Hills, the market at Antiquerra (hope I spelled it right). It runs one day a week and I can't remember which day - but your hotel will likely know. Very few tourists get out to it. It's a beautiful drive getting there and the market is full of the best basket weaving you will see in the country. Fantastic woven Christmas decorations to hang on the tree for example. We constantly have people asking where we got them. Worth the trip.

Don't bother with the lame cave on Panglao....it's a joke. The church at Baclayon (spelling?) is ok and worth a look I suppose. Lot of nice uncrowded beaches etc on the east side of Bohol. Cabilao island is worth a couple days to enjoy some great snorkeling or diving - and total relaxation - but it isn't particularly cheap....but it isn't all that expensive either and good value for what you get...and they can pick up from Tagbilaran by car and drive north to the pier or the Loon area straight on the boat. Hope that helps...Love Bohol, probably our favourite island. Great people and always a pleasure.

bikerdave is offline DI Member
    Thanks

More like the mint chocolate hills.........Lots of rain........they are green
    If your're gonna get married, make sure she's an orphan

curls is offline Junior Member
    Thanks

thanks for the info Garbonzo. this would really help a lot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast