Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By cyleecemoran

Thread: Looking for Family Computer games

cyleecemoran is offline DI New Member
    Thanks

Default Looking for Family Computer games

Hello Dumaguetians. Does anyone still have old family computer cartridges sitting around as junk? I recently was able to find a working family computer but dont have games to play with. Please if you have some and would rather sell them than let them rot, please post here or on my FB, my email is cyleecemoran@yahoo.com

I know only old people like me (Im less than 30 tho) are the only ones who recognize the famicom systems. So if youre young and dont know what the hell im talking about, please refer to this pic to see what the games look like.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...LvqLulqKheiG1J
    GOwin likes this.

Ninja is offline DI Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cyleecemoran View Post
    Hello Dumaguetians. Does anyone still have old family computer cartridges sitting around as junk? I recently was able to find a working family computer but dont have games to play with. Please if you have some and would rather sell them than let them rot, please post here or on my FB, my email is cyleecemoran@yahoo.com

I know only old people like me (Im less than 30 tho) are the only ones who recognize the famicom systems. So if youre young and dont know what the hell im talking about, please refer to this pic to see what the games look like.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...LvqLulqKheiG1J
    I dont have any cartridges for you, bu tit sounds like you have a young family or inlaws.
    What I DO have is a collection of arcade classics made from all manufacturers in ROM format used with a emulator called MAME. There is around 4000+ games which can be run from a DVD DIRECTly so no need to install and they start in 5 seconds and you can begin playing immediately.

If your interested, msg me your postal address and I will post them FREE of cahrge to you. (The same goes for anyone else if your interested)

Have a good day!

Ninja.

Thanks

Thanks Ninja. Actually our family just have a lot of fond memories of the Famicom system. During the Atari golden days only my aunts and uncles were around, but with the famicom, this system encompassed the brood that were born from the 80s and all the way to the later part of the 90s. I lost all my games when I moved here to dumaguete cause my mom sold them off on garage sales back home lol. And yep, I am aware of the emulators out there but there is just something different when you have the actual console in your hand and staring at the old school retro graphics. Dumaguete I noticed kinda have a throw away culture... only very few cling to old school stuff, but Im hoping there are still others out there that can find these games hidden away in boxes and old storages.

Manzanita is offline DI Senior Member
    Thanks

The Pirate Bay is still the master of the universe for music, games, movies and anything else for a PC.

Thanks

Yes. But like I posted above, I bought the hardware because its just a different feeling for me. I am aware of the digital roms and emulators out there but frankly its not fun playing them on a pc as opposed to a TV. I still might be 'young', but I like to consider myself old fashioned in that regard.