Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Dumaguete City Clean-up - Environment Month

Rhoody is offline DI Member
    Thanks

well, to be honest, we met and spoke with ENRO multiple times and it is still the same what you write now. nothing, no clue and no plan. Sadly Rogelio "Rolly" Clamonte needed to retire recently and ENRO seems like a ship without captain, he was a pretty good guy.

Sorry to be that harsh, he mailed us the official schedule last wednesday which a 3rd grader makes better in 10 minutes. we ask him multiple times WHERE the groups meet and WHEN, What the actual event is, who in charge of the single barangays... it is really 100% fail.

Rechel was ashamed to post the schedule... it is THAT bad.
    honestly, I walk around in Batinguel and pick up crap (do that with limitations anyway) plus collecting trash on each dive before (which I also do since a few thousand dives) than having my nose connected with that event.

I appreciate your effort and hope many participating, my experience with involved officials was just about 7.3 notches too useless for me to swing my big ass out of bed on a saturday morning at that time...
    Last edited by Rhoody; 06-11-2012 at 11:11 AM. Reason: added link

rechel is offline Add-Officer
    Thanks

To everybody,

Since Rhoody mention me again why I’m shy to post the schedule of event is just simple because for me it’s not complete information people can see.
    But here is it the email we recieved June 7, 2012 from Armand the ENRO officer in charge of making the schedule for the event for this Environmental cleaning.

For more questions about this event here is their Land line # (035) 225- 9981

Scheduled of Activities for “Dumaguete Environment Month 2012"
    June 4 – Provincial Flag Raising Ceremony and Opening of Environment Month 7:00 a.m.
    June 6 – Kapihan sa PIA , Bethel Guest House 9:00 a.m.
    June 16 – Civic Action Day – Citywide Clean – up/Provincial wide Clean – up 6:00 a.m.
    June 23 – Fun Walk and Run 5:00 a.m.
    Assembly Areas
    * Rizal Boulevard
    * Piapi Beach
    * HyperMart parking area
    * Robinsons Place – Dumaguete parking area
    June 29 – Religious Sector local leaders Tree Growing
    June 30 – Dumaguete City Hall Employees Tree Growing 6:00 a.m.
    My monster my life.
    FOR YOUR ADS MAIL ME. (<-- click here)

RR_biker is offline DI Member
    Thanks

Steve, you can count me in. So not only by words but also by doing and last but not least so you want feel shy.
    C U Sat next 7am @Bethel.
    Happiness is:
    a good health
    and
    a bad memory

4. The Following User Says Thank You to RR_biker For This Useful Post:

xyzimgone (06-11-2012)

Gass is offline DI Member
    Thanks

Good plan, are you guys aware that you scheduled the only area in whole dumaguete which gets cleaned each and everyday between 4 and 7 am? or is it a symbolic meeting for some picture taking with local politic celebreties?

xyzimgone is offline Lost in the Woods
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gass View Post
    Good plan, are you guys aware that you scheduled the only area in whole dumaguete which gets cleaned each and everyday between 4 and 7 am? or is it a symbolic meeting for some picture taking with local politic celebreties?
    And what would your plan be??? I had suggested the Blvd and Rizal Park because they are areas that are easy to find and visible to locals, hopefully making the statement that we care. If you have any particular areas in mind, we could surely meet up with you. If we got a couple hundred people, we could spread out over different areas of the city and be more visible. However, I don't think that many will get off their steaks to help out.

Can we count on you on Saturday? Maybe you and I and a couple others could clean the streets around the market? I'm up for a challenge; how about you?

Dave & Imp is offline DI Member
    Thanks

Default Great Start

Quote Originally Posted by RR_biker View Post
    Steve, you can count me in. So not only by words but also by doing and last but not least so you want feel shy.
    C U Sat next 7am @Bethel.
    Great Start, at least there is a meeting place and time, that is better than what the city seem to be able to generate. You can go anywhere after that to clean or split up people to difference sections around town. Thanks for initiating something.

I will be happy to join you guys.

Dave

Thanks

Thanks guys and gals. Looking forward to seeing you there! Thats about 7 or 8 of us so far. Is there anybody else out there that would like to show that we are not just complainers? Even if we don't end up cleaning up the whole city, at least we can show that we are part of the solution, not just part of the problem. One of the members, Jim, suggested that we clean the public beach just south of El Oriente Resort after we finish on the Blvd. I will go there tomorrow morning and see if it is worthwhile. Any other suggestions?

grandpainak is offline DI Member
    Thanks

Ya, I went by there this morning and it was all cleaned up. Someone there must be reading this chat board. Any way, Steve I also went by Silliman Beach and as of this morning it needed a LOT of help/clean-up. Silliman Beach is just south of the air port.
    If money talks, than CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM SINGS!

Jim

Dave & Imp is offline DI Member
    Thanks

Default What do we need?

Is there anything we should plan to bring to this clean-up outing? gloves. bags, etc

Thanks

I'll be bringing about 20 garbage bags. That should be enough. I also plan to wear gloves. Jim made himself a couple garbage picks so he wont be bending over so much. I don't think we have any other needs, unless you can bring some friends. The more the merrier!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast