Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Fed-ex, UPS, DHL, banking

  1. #1
    onlymichael is offline DI Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    196
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Default Fed-ex, UPS, DHL, banking

    I need to have my relative send some important bank docs to me in Dumaguete.
    We have no street address where I live, only a beach name and local zip.
    I can rent a P.O. box nearby but registered mail can take 3 weeks or longer to get here and if it doesn't what you gonna due, sue the U.S. gov?
    I searched this but all the posts were as early as 2009, so things probably have changed.
    There used to be a Fed ex office in Dumag, but I think they no longer there. (FedEx: Shipping, Logistics Management and Supply Chain Management)
    /ph/dropoff/)
    What would you use as most reliable economical for this for envelope from USA to Dumag?

  2. #2
    PatO is offline DI Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Bacong
    Posts
    2,861
    Thanks
    190
    Thanked 251 Times in 163 Posts

    Default

    The Fedex is still there, on the highway going north across from Jollibee before the capitol. You can have it sent to that office and pick it up there or use LBC and sent to the LBC office, either in your name. The office has another name in the front but they also are a Fedex rep.
    Charlie T. likes this.




  3. #3
    shadow is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Cebu
    Posts
    2,561
    Thanks
    115
    Thanked 243 Times in 164 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by onlymichael View Post
    I need to have my relative send some important bank docs to me in Dumaguete.
    We have no street address where I live, only a beach name and local zip.
    I can rent a P.O. box nearby but registered mail can take 3 weeks or longer to get here and if it doesn't what you gonna due, sue the U.S. gov?
    I searched this but all the posts were as early as 2009, so things probably have changed.
    There used to be a Fed ex office in Dumag, but I think they no longer there. (FedEx: Shipping, Logistics Management and Supply Chain Management)
    /ph/dropoff/)
    What would you use as most reliable economical for this for envelope from USA to Dumag?
    You can send it FEDEX or UPS, it will find you. Put a cell number on the package for added safety margin.

    Very few homes in the Philippines have an actual "street address".

    Larry
    Charlie T. likes this.

  4. #4
    Manzanita's Avatar
    Manzanita is offline DI Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,217
    Thanks
    47
    Thanked 55 Times in 43 Posts

    Default

    The Fedex office here is called "Air 21"..
    Real Street
    Dumaguete City, Philippines
    035 422 9749

  5. #5
    shadow is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Cebu
    Posts
    2,561
    Thanks
    115
    Thanked 243 Times in 164 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Manzanita View Post
    The Fedex office here is called "Air 21"..
    Real Street
    Dumaguete City, Philippines
    035 422 9749
    Actually it is called "Mail and More", and it is no longer on Real street since last year when the theater burned. It is on the National Highway where PatO posted it is. They offer FEDEX, Air21, and other related services.

    Larry

  6. #6
    onlymichael is offline DI Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    196
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Default Thanks to all but why is it Fedex...

    Quote Originally Posted by PatO View Post
    The Fedex is still there, on the highway going north across from Jollibee before the capitol. You can have it sent to that office and pick it up there or use LBC and sent to the LBC office, either in your name. The office has another name in the front but they also are a Fedex rep.
    Does not list a pickup location for Dumaguete? Who is actually handling their packages in the P.I. and are they reliable?

  7. #7
    shadow is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Cebu
    Posts
    2,561
    Thanks
    115
    Thanked 243 Times in 164 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by onlymichael View Post
    Does not list a pickup location for Dumaguete? Who is actually handling their packages in the P.I. and are they reliable?
    Mail and More has been in business here for 10 years that I know of. We have used them extensively, often numerous times per month. They are reliable and professional.

    Larry

  8. #8
    OnMyWay is offline DI Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    875
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 95 Times in 40 Posts

    Default

    LBC also takes envelopes from US to PI and it's about $8.50 and takes 4 days. Opposite direction is 1200 Pesos.

    The FEDEX that Shadow and Pat mentioned above it 1250P for a document pouch from PI to States.

    I've used the services above and all without issue.

    Mark

  9. #9
    grandpainak's Avatar
    grandpainak is offline DI Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Valencia
    Posts
    551
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts

    Default

    Just this year I sent a small box from Dumaguete to Alaska with DHL and it was there in three days. They sent the new part back by Fed-X and it took 13 days and cost 1,000.oo pesos + more than with DHL. It has been my experience that for international shipping DHL is not only cheeper but a hell of a lot FASTER. Would I use Fed-X again? Only if I did not have any other choice!
    xyzimgone likes this.
    If money talks, than CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM SINGS!

    Jim




  10. #10
    shadow is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Cebu
    Posts
    2,561
    Thanks
    115
    Thanked 243 Times in 164 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grandpainak View Post
    Just this year I sent a small box from Dumaguete to Alaska with DHL and it was there in three days. They sent the new part back by Fed-X and it took 13 days and cost 1,000.oo pesos + more than with DHL. It has been my experience that for international shipping DHL is not only cheeper but a hell of a lot FASTER. Would I use Fed-X again? Only if I did not have any other choice!
    The problem with shipping anything other than documents into the Philippines using any courier is it winds up in Philippine customs. Once that happens it is out of the hands of the shipper what happens to it.

    FEDEX, DHL, UPS, LBC, all of them can get documents here from the west coast in 4-5 days, from the east coast in 5-6 days (or less).

    For sending documents, we generally use LBC or (get this) Philpost EMS. EMS takes a little longer, (7-10 days to the east coast) but so far all have arrived unmolested, and at half the cost of any courier.

    Larry
    xyzimgone likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •