Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Like Tree75Likes

Thread: LTO set to implement helmet law in two weeks’ time

Rhoody is offline DI Member
    Thanks

seems there is still a lot of confusion...

just saw that at the boulevard:

KTM, Vicmico, newbie27 and 2 others like this.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Rhoody For This Useful Post:

expatron (03-07-2012)

KTM
    KTM is offline DI Member
    Thanks

DAILY STAR: Negros Oriental

Just shows how stupid the political idiots in charge are of this town and province, no wonder it all 'trickles down the hill'. "That it is too intrusive on the people’s rights, requiring them to buy a helmet for protection", yes indeedy, just about sums up the entire downhill mentality this country has been suffering from since.........(I leave the rest up to your own experiences.)
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.

ReBelBiKeR is offline DI Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KTM View Post
    Whilst I appreciate your sentiment, personally, I find it a 'tadge' naive to believe that the overwhelming majority of locals give a damn what foreigners/or other responsible persons actually do on the road safety/ comply with existing laws side of things, etc. Of course, if we do something 'wrong' in their eyes, then of course, they'll take notice, but safety? I don't think so...

addressing your overwhelming majority - and in negros - i agree with you, not only is it a tadge naive, its completely foolish to exert a law that mostly no one really sees the underlying principle of. to approach this i guess would mean starting with the more sensible riders, who are siblings or friends with other less-caring riders, and not necessarily younger riders too haha. a trickle down-the-hill with the opposite effect -- i sincerly hope no one has to be forced to do anything for others, just do what is sensible, and perhaps responsible for one's own safety.

wow, 40 years plus of riding... its an honor to be appreciated by someone so senior
    newbie27 likes this.
    the mark of a brilliant bikework is that it shines undeterred by the mediocrity of its components - i am the sportbike rebel!

ReBelBiKeR is offline DI Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by newbie27 View Post
    blah blah blah HELMET thing for Negros Oriental, they should have fix their roads/streets first. Very bumpy ride specially that road bound to Bahumpandan, Cantil-e, Bound to Valencia, Back of Daro, Some inner roads like bound to Palimpinon, silliman heights. Tired of replacing shock absorbers, motor springs, tires driving around on this city. You get accident by trying to escape on those big holes specially after rainy days. The roads lack of warning signs. Is this what they called "METRO" Dumaguete? ... snip snip
    any more depressing reactions? lol
    add to that reinforcement, drunk driving -- the worst killer of them all.
    the mark of a brilliant bikework is that it shines undeterred by the mediocrity of its components - i am the sportbike rebel!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ReBelBiKeR For This Useful Post:

newbie27 (03-12-2012)

Cutie ladybug is offline DI Member
    Thanks

There was a news item on the radio this afternoon about a Ceres bus colliding with a scooter headed towards Bais. One female aboard the scooter was reportedly killed..
    Fast this Life of mine was dying
    Blind already and calm as Death
    Snowflakes on her bosom lying
    Scarcely heaving with her breath
    Love came by, and having known her
    In a dream of Fabled Lands

Cutie ladybug is offline DI Member
    Thanks

FWIW, I called Dumaguete Police today and was told that the helmet law enforcement is indeed postponed until at least July
    Fast this Life of mine was dying
    Blind already and calm as Death
    Snowflakes on her bosom lying
    Scarcely heaving with her breath
    Love came by, and having known her
    In a dream of Fabled Lands

OnMyWay is offline DI Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cutie ladybug View Post
    FWIW, I called Dumaguete Police today and was told that the helmet law enforcement is indeed postponed until at least July
    PNP and LTO agree??

xyzimgone is offline Lost in the Woods
    Thanks

I just spent the weekend in Siquijor. They have been enforcing the helmet law (for driver only) since January with a Php1500 fine for helmet infractions. They are also enforcing the requirement for mirrors on motorcycles
    DavyL200 likes this.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to xyzimgone For This Useful Post:

shadow (03-26-2012)

Rhoody is offline DI Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    I just spent the weekend in Siquijor. They have been enforcing the helmet law (for driver only) since January with a Php1500 fine for helmet infractions. They are also enforcing the requirement for mirrors on motorcycles
    next time they stop you and ask "papers" you simply answer "scissors" and drive away ...

even they should know that scissors beats paper

Dave & Imp is offline DI Member
    Thanks

Default Do anyone have experience in this sticky "sticker" issue.

I was stopped last night at a LTO check point. I had purchased my Yamaha in Mid November, got my plates in Mid January but still have not received the "sticker." The local officer representing LTO told me 5 months was too long to go with no sticker, and the my papers stated "still on process" but he said they only honor this for one month. Well I have visited my Yamaha dealer once or twice a month to inquire about the status of my sticker and typically been told to check back in the next month. I heard a rumor that the stickers are sold out the back door of LTO to people who can not get them legally and that is why LTO does not send them out.

I feel like a am being put between a rock and hard place, since it is LTO who is not issuing them, and an LTO representative is telling me I only have a one month grace period. But again this it the Philippines. He did not ask for money or threaten me, saying he was letting me off this time. But I am concerned about next time...but every time I am stopped (about 10 times at night now) I am told something different.

Do anyone have experience in this sticky "sticker" issue.