Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Like Tree75Likes

Thread: LTO set to implement helmet law in two weeks’ time

sfgb35 is offline DI Member
    Thanks

Is there a clear and defined date, when we should put on our helmets aka Skid Lid ?
    I dont have an ICC stickered slid lid, its been fine when stopped in Leyte, Cebu, and Bohol guess here has to be different !!!
    The Helmets the PNP ride aroung in are rock climbing helmet copied from the US Special forces guys, they certainly dont have an ICC sticker.
    If i do get stopped, i am i within my rights to ask to see the LTO officers stickered helmet for reference of course . . . wonder how many of them will comply ?

paul-angie Guest

Apologies if I missed this, but

1..............exactly what date will this Helmet law be in force ?

2..............Also, what is the story on the Stickers ?

3...............Can existing Helmets we own, be acceptable, or do we have to buy new Helmets with Stickers ?

4.................I assume these Stickers are allocated by the LTO saying the Helmets that have them meet some sort of safety standard, yes ?

Thanks.

Paul.

PatO is offline DI Member
    Thanks

The ICC sticker is on the helmet on the back in the center, not issued by the LTO. It reflects a safety standard. The conundrum is that if you don't enforce a standard people might wear anything from a skull cap to a pot or pan. The other side of that is many folks don't have the money to go and purchase a stickered helmet. Let the games begin!

paul-angie Guest

Bummer, I have to buy two new helmets in that case.

So, do you also have the answers to my other questions, perchance ?

Thanks.

Paul.

Cutie ladybug is offline DI Member
    Thanks

It's not much of a standard. The ones sitting CRACKED on the shelf at Unitop had the ICC sticker.
    Fast this Life of mine was dying
    Blind already and calm as Death
    Snowflakes on her bosom lying
    Scarcely heaving with her breath
    Love came by, and having known her
    In a dream of Fabled Lands

Thanks

paul-angie Guest

Thanks for the update sfgb35

Paul.

Thanks

Britster is offline Junior Member
    Thanks

I have a SHOEI helmet, and my wife has a Nolan.

Whilst these are both excellent Helmets, neither has this 2009 ICC Sticker, as it did not exist when we bought them!

ICC Stickers before 2009 are no longer accepted as to easy to create FAKE Stickers!.

Such 2009 Silver ICC Sticker, like that one above, is a Hologram version, as you might be able to see.

This 2009 ICC Sticker apparently been superseded by a new 2012 Hologram ICC Sticker that they are apparently looking for.

Read somewhere, that they have being supplied with machines to detect Fake Stickers?

DTI News

DTI Releases New ICC Stickers

January 16, 2012

The use of the newest ICC hologram sticker with 500,000 dots per inch, giving it superior definition and image clarity, amplified movement in colors and texts, is expected to be implemented this April.
    The Department of Trade and Industry-Bureau of Product Standard (DTI-BPS) launched the improved Import Commodity Clearance (ICC) mark to ensure the quality and safety seal on imported critical consumer products.
    “With the influx of imported products in the country, which is brought about by the fall of trade barriers among nations worldwide, it is essential for the government to impose stricter guidelines in the printing and issuing of the ICC mark to importers in order to further control the use and ensure security of this quality and safety seals for imported products,” DTI Secretary Gregory L. Domingo said.
    DTI Consumer Welfare and Business Regulation Group (CWBRG) Undersecretary Zenaida Cuison-Maglaya said that the improved hologram ICC sticker addresses the old sticker’s issue of authenticity with the use of a more secure means of printing and distributing.
    The newest design of ICC hologram sticker was manufactured via electron beam origination that produces high-feature definition at 500,000 dots per inch. This gives superior definition and image clarity; amplified movement in colors and texts; and increased security features making it very difficult to counterfeit.
    The hologram used is registered under the ISO-certified International Hologram Manufacturers Association (IHMA).
    “The DTI also made certain that the authenticity of the new ICC mark can only be checked through highly-scaled gadgets,” Maglaya added.
    The newest ICC hologram sticker shall be strictly observed in all critical products starting this April and the ICC marks with white and silver-gray backgrounds will be considered invalid.
    “I enjoin the industry to be active in the Department’s drive to avert the proliferation of uncertified products that use fake ICC marks and police their ranks to assist them in their businesses. And, I enjoin the buying public to be extra vigilant in their purchases of products and services,” Domingo urged.
    Source: DTI - Trade and Industry Information Center
    LTO to strictly enforce helmet law in NegOr

By Jennifer C. Tilos
    Saturday 5th of May 2012
    DUMAGUETE CITY, May 5 (PIA) -- The Land Transportation Office (LTO) in Dumaguete city will stricly implement the helmet law on July 30 or first week of August in Negros Oriental to promote the safety of the motorcycle riders in this province.

In a multi-sectoral forum, LTO-7 regional director Raul Aguilos said that his office is authorized to enforce the law mandating all motorcycle riders to wear standard protective helmets while driving.

Aguilos emphasized that the rule is for the protection of the riders and warned erring motorcycle drivers will be apprehended and meted the corresponding penalties.

LTO and DTI joint administrative order prescribes rules and regulations on the wearing of proper crash helmets for both passengers and drivers of motorcycles.

According to Director Aguilos, LTO is mandated to flag down each motorcycle whether the driver and back rider is wearing the required helmet or not, and failure of both would mean payment of P1,500 for first offense, P3,000 for the second offense and P5,000 for the third offense, and P10,000 (plus confiscation of the driver’s license) for the fourth and succeeding offenses.

Meanwhile, the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI-7) in Central Visayas has started its mandatory inspection on all helmet suppliers and dealers.

The standard helmet has a Product Standard or PS mark for locally produced helmet, and Import Commodity Clearance, or ICC marks, for the imported ones.

DTI-7 regional director Asteria Caberte said her office has approved helmets with ICC marks, as she assured the riding public that it has enough supply of helmets.

Under the law, helmet manufacturers and importers need to secure a PS license or an ICC mark before selling and distributing their products. (mbcn/JCT/PIA-Negros Oriental)
    DavyL200 likes this.

Thanks

Balita sa Buntag:
    Paykas ang Temporary Restraining Order sa Helmet Law. Himpit nang ipatuman Karung Julyo 29 sa LTO, apan ang PNP Dumaguete pinasikad sa mando ni PNP regional director, Gen Marcelo Garbo mag una ug patuman ni-ini nga balaod karung Julyo 15 sa Dumaguete City ang RA 10054.

So the Helmet law will be implemented for the 15th July, Regional Director of the PNP, as the restraining order failed . . . .