Thread: Motor Bike Car Napping

MalmoMan is offline DI Member
    Thanks

Default Motor Bike Car Napping

Motor Bike Car Napping-nappers.jpg

The people of this motorcycle city of dumaguete would like to congratulate or commend the police highway patrol group headed by Insp. Robelito Mariano and his men, for busting what they claim as the biggest motorcycle carnapping syndicate in the city.

That notorious group had been consistently and successfully stealing the motorcycles of hapless city residents during the past many months. And finally the law caught up with them and the carnapping syndicate members are now in jail facing criminal charges. If convicted they could get the penalty of life imprisonment as provided for by the anti carnapping law, which law does not distinguish whether it is a car or a motorcycle that is stolen.

But let us not stop here. Let us try to use our imagination as to who could be financing this motorcycle thieves who cannibalize the stolen motorbikes and sell its parts as chop chop for cheaper price.

Remember, the poorer owners of motorbikes are the biggest market of these cheap but original parts sold in the black market. And hey, are motorcycle parts dealers not interested in buying these stolen items even if they have to watch out for the anti fencing law?

Surely there is a financier behind carnappers arrested. If you look at them they are not exactly rich capitalists and they could be the ploy of a third party. Maybe the highway patrol group can open their eyes and look deeper.

As a further deterrent, our city council, hopefully before they bow out on June 30, might be wise enough to pass an urgent and long overdue ordinance which would require motor-watchboys to maintain a simple city-formatted logbook that will note down the owner’s name + signature , plate number of the motorbike parked in their area.

Secondly, such ordinance should require a CLAIM-CARD NUMBER for the owner to show once he wants to pull out of the park area. This is like claiming your things in the supermarket. You present a claim card number. The watchers will be responsible for the loss in case the motorcycle is stolen.

This is sharing the responsibility plus the park fees they get from the owners.

Whichever committee this concern belongs, should pass this urgent ordinance so this could be a well-remembered council who thinks and feels for the people.

RR_biker is offline DI Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MalmoMan View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nappers.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	104.5 KB 
ID:	9413

As a further deterrent, our city council, hopefully before they bow out on June 30, might be wise enough to pass an urgent and long overdue ordinance which would require motor-watchboys to maintain a simple city-formatted logbook that will note down the owner’s name + signature , plate number of the motorbike parked in their area.

Secondly, such ordinance should require a CLAIM-CARD NUMBER for the owner to show once he wants to pull out of the park area. This is like claiming your things in the supermarket. You present a claim card number. The watchers will be responsible for the loss in case the motorcycle is stolen.

This is sharing the responsibility plus the park fees they get from the owners.

Whichever committee this concern belongs, should pass this urgent ordinance so this could be a well-remembered council who thinks and feels for the people.
    Personally I would welcome the above mentioned idea, the question is if there's enough political will to introduce it and also the financial funds to cover all the costs involved.
    The advantage of such a system it will considerably reduce the chance your bike get stolen.
    The dis advantage getting your bike out of the fenced area might become very time consuming.
    Happiness is:
    a good health
    and
    a bad memory

denpet is offline DI Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RR_biker View Post
    Personally I would welcome the above mentioned idea, the question is if there's enough political will to introduce it and also the financial funds to cover all the costs involved.
    The advantage of such a system it will considerably reduce the chance your bike get stolen.
    The dis advantage getting your bike out of the fenced area might become very time consuming.
    Funds? How about that 5p coin the guy is claiming when you pull out? Let them do something for that money, and I will even pay it. Now I simply ignore them.

RR_biker is offline DI Member
    Thanks

The 5 peso you voluntary give the guy yes or no is "his reward" he looks after your bike while under his custody. The funds I was referring to are meant for making fenced areas. You cannot expect the guy who watches the bikes will do that kind of an investment. Motorbikes parked in an open area are hardly to protect against thieves even if you have to return a card to claim your bike. When a guy is nice, cover the buddy seat with a piece of carton and pull out the bike in the direction I wanna leave, I always give him some coins @ least 3 up to 5. But parking my bike for only a few minutes to drop in/out a store I also ignore them.
    Happiness is:
    a good health
    and
    a bad memory

shadow is offline Administrator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RR_biker View Post
    The 5 peso you voluntary give the guy yes or no is "his reward" he looks after your bike while under his custody. The funds I was referring to are meant for making fenced areas. You cannot expect the guy who watches the bikes will do that kind of an investment. Motorbikes parked in an open area are hardly to protect against thieves even if you have to return a card to claim your bike. When a guy is nice, cover the buddy seat with a piece of carton and pull out the bike in the direction I wanna leave, I always give him some coins @ least 3 up to 5. But parking my bike for only a few minutes to drop in/out a store I also ignore them.
    I sometimes tip them when they cover it, IF they don't move it. I don't want them moving my bike around.

I had a ratty looking XRM that I rode for years. One week I spent almost the entire week painting and making it look really nice.

Within a month it had gouges down both side from these idiots "parking it".

Larry

simple mind is offline DI Member
    Thanks

I have a very good relationship with most of the Bike Boys, the only thing ever stolen was the nice RED sparkplug-cap(what's the name for this thing anyway?)which was in front of Equitable Bank, that was notorious then, not a single XLR/XR with the original RED sparkplug-cap to be seen in Dumaguete at that time...
    "Propaganda becomes ineffective the moment we are aware of it" -- Joseph Goebbels
    The Ultimate Question: Will YOU pass through the Eye of the Needle?
    "In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves." -- Carl Sagan

denpet is offline DI Member
    Thanks

[QUOTE=RR_biker;1851888527]The 5 peso you voluntary give the guy yes or no is "his reward" he looks after your bike while under his custody. The funds I was referring to are meant for making fenced areas. You cannot expect the guy who watches the bikes will do that kind of an investment./QUOTE]
    Well, then make the 5p mandatory for parking in a fenced area. 2.5p to the guy working there, 2.5p to the lot owner.