Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sportbike availibility

Spectator is offline Junior Member
    Thanks

Default Sportbike availibility

Are there a lot of shops in Dumaguete that have sport bikes in stock?

I'm looking for a new (or 2012/2013 used) Ninja 650.

I'll currently on Bohol so I'll be bringing the bike back here.

Thanks.

flxibl2006 is offline DI Member
    Thanks

Gud Motorsports, Large red KYMCO sign across from Jollibee on the north highway between Noreco and Capitol area. lots of big Kawasakis

3. The Following User Says Thank You to flxibl2006 For This Useful Post:

Spectator (06-15-2013)

Thanks

Thanks.

They have branches in Cebu too. I called them yesterday and one branch has a 2012 black and the other one has a 2013 blue and a 2013 green.

The 2012 and 2013 bikes are the same price (330K). Go figure....

Wrye83 is offline With Pastrami
    Thanks

Take note that the 650s sold at Gud are not true Ninjas. They are two cylinder 650s pushing about 75 hp. Serious lack of power compared to the real ninjas sold in the US. I wouldn't even call them sports bike, more of a sport touring bike. Upright sitting position, handlebars curved upwards. I bought one of these from Gud as a starter sports bike. Good for a starter but if you want a real sports bike these are not the way to go.
    "Half the lies they tell about me aren't true."

Thanks

Oh, and if you want then to sound anything remotely like a sports bike you will need to buy a full racing exhaust (I've heard a 2 Brothers on one and it was ok). That'll run ya about 30-40k extra. The factory Bridgestone tires also wear out very quickly, specifically the front (5-7k km). If you are taking it to Cebu you will have no problems getting more tires, I would suggest Shinko tires, good grip, good wear, good price. If bringing here or to Bohol I'd suggest buying an extra set from Cebu as they can be hard/impossible to find. I can get you in touch with a guy in Cebu who sells used bikes and works on sports bikes if you like. Theres a small time guy here in dumaguete I trust with the small stuff (changing oil, adjustments and such) for anything that involves more invasive procedures I only use the guy in Cebu.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Wrye83 For This Useful Post:

Spectator (06-15-2013)

Thanks

Thanks Wrye.

I like the sport touring aspect of the ninja sold here. I had a bike similar - they YZF600R. That was an inline 4 much like a sports bike but it had a more upright riding position than the RR bikes. The power came on at high revs and I prefer a more even power band so the ninja might be the ticket. I did test ride the 2010 R1 when I was in the states. It was fantastic but for more than about 30 minutes the ride would have been too much with leaned over position.

If your friend has a used ninja at a reasonable price, I would be interested. The problem with used bikes here is that everyone wants close to what you can buy a new one for. Example, there are some ninjas listed online for 295k but for 330k I can get a new one.

Btw, how much did you sell your ninja for?

Thanks

I felt the pain when I road in the leaned position at first. Once the muscles in your wrists get stronger (I lost all my wrist strength when I came to this country ) it's actually not bad at all. I get pains when I ride in the upright position.

I traded my bike for a CBR 1000RR. I ended up selling it to the guy for about 260k then paid the remaining balance in cash.

The guy I know probably won't sell his for less than new price since he threw on a lot of extras, I believe he has 5k km or less on it though. If you like you can go to Garcia bar here and check out the bike, not sure if he he is even selling though. The other guy who ended up with my old one sold it for 250k I believe. The guy I know in cebu usually doesn't carry any of the sport touring bikes. There is a guy with a shop here who sells, and can order, the new 900cc (not sure on actual displacement) KTMs. Not sure the prices he is asking though. Seems like a much nicer bike than Ninja.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Wrye83 For This Useful Post:

Spectator (06-16-2013)

nice_sherwood is offline DI Member
    Thanks

I dont know about sportsbike availability in duma but im sure you can find better deals in cebu. Try checking at this website. My dad used to go there.

Drei Bikes Trading Cebu - Quality Big Bikes for Sale!

They have nearly all sorts of sportsbike.

nice_sherwood is offline DI Member
    Thanks

This one was priced 230k but i believe that it was sold less than that. Only 800kms but this is located in cebu.

For Sale: Kawasaki ninja 650cc model 2012 (800 kms pa ang dagan)

im sure if you take your time youll find the bike that u really want in a good price.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to nice_sherwood For This Useful Post:

Spectator (06-16-2013)

Thanks

Wrye,

Thanks for the info. I'm more into sport touring than sport riding if that makes sense.

I do 95% of my riding two up so comfort is most important. I think the Ninja will be perfect based on what I've read about it and local availability.

Now it's just a matter of finding a used low mileage one or biting the bullet and buying new.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast