Thread: Taxis in Dumaguete ?

roadking is offline DI Member
    Thanks

Default Taxis in Dumaguete ?

Where are the Taxis in Dumaguete ?
    Spent a few days there this month & did not see one, Even outside Robinsons nothing.
    Being an leg Amputee those Tricycle/Wanabee Jeepneys are a awkward viechle to get in & out of !.
    Ime told there are Taxis at the airport Didnt see any in town though. Is this some sort of city ordanance or something ?.

newbie27 is offline DI Member
    Thanks

They say there were a few it was yrs. back but didnt click, people in Dgte prefer to ride tricycle/motorcycle
    Live life to the fullest 'till your last breath! So there will be no "what if" or " I should have done that"....

Rhoody is offline DI Member
    Thanks

There were and are cars with a TAXI-sign.

However, they are owned by a car-rental company and have nothing to do with the meaning of TAXI we are used to in other parts of the world. They can be booked like a regular car-rental with driver, which is quite pricy if you need it just for a short ride.

From the airport to Hotels in Dumaguete they are between 250 and 400 peso (depending on location). If you book them to pick you up somewhere, expect multiple times that amount.

firefly is offline DI Member
    Thanks

As far as i know there are always taxis available at the airport.
    I think they have a permanent taxi stand at the other side of the parking at the airport.

Rhoody is offline DI Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by firefly View Post
    As far as i know there are always taxis available at the airport.
    I think they have a permanent taxi stand at the other side of the parking at the airport.
    correct, but they don't even start it for 80 or 100 peso, to let you sit 10 seconds with aircon, let alone roll a meter

Dave & Imp is offline DI Member
    Thanks

Default Cebu Taxi rates

I was in Cebu last week and used the taxis all the time. The interesting thing was that they were always willing to run on the meter, with out arguments as in Manila. It was also interesting that the fare were almost as low as the Dumaguete pedi-cab rates, particularly if the pedi-cabs add in a skin tax and tourist rate factor. Of course you can always carry a back pack and tour book and experience the outer limit fees or the "pay me whatever you want" fee. Of course my one paso offers always get refused...lol.

Only at he boat port was I quoted a flat fee of 300 pesos, when I refused and walked out to the port (100 meters) with a lot of other people, I got a taxi to the same spot for 71 pesos.