Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Troubles finding affordable rental apartment in/near Dumaguete

nomad4ever is offline DI Member
    Thanks

Default Troubles finding affordable rental apartment in/near Dumaguete

Good afternoon! Can someone give me any tips on how to find a small, affordable, fully furnished apartment (1-bedroom) to rent on a monthly base in or near Dumaguete?

I was thinking something around 5.000-10.000 Peso/month at most, but all places I ran into so far are asking much more. For instance 'Apo Vista' near Dauin (in the middle of nowhere) 15.000 Peso or the nice/big apartments next to Edelweiss Restaurant, they want 24.000 Peso/month.

Yeah I'm a white guy, but not *that* rich; but aren't there any affordable deals available?

How would you go ahead to find a cheaper place to stay?

Many thanks!

;-)
    Cheers from the Philippines,

Chris
    http://www.nomad4ever.com
    Life is what you make it!

derivative_guru is offline DI Member
    Thanks

Well, if you are looking on the internet, you will get ridiculously high prices that no one around here actually pays. About 30 meters from me is a duplex, which is less than 2 years old with 3 bedroom/1 bath units. The price quoted to my white friend was P12T...the price for my Filipina wife was P7T. That is reality. If you life her to help you find a place, just PM me. I think you will never find a good price on the internet and it's always best to have a filipino agent you can trust working on your behalf.

Rhoody is offline DI Member
    Thanks

you look at tourist spots....

at present there are countless apartments all over Dumaguete for 5 - 12 K available. It's really hard to miss them. Just drive aroun one day and tell them what you are willing to pay after they told you the price they ant. no real ned for sending somebody.

Show them a handfull cash and they go for your price.

cheers

Rhoody

Thanks

Okay, I think I will probably not rent monthly, but follow through with the tricycle idea and stay at cheaper hotels. This way I see more of the country than just 1 location (a mistake I made when staying only in Goa/India before).

Maybe I will rent weekly, when finding a nice area to explore. Anyway - thanks for your valuable tips and ideas! ;-)

julieta is offline DI Member
    Thanks

Default Find image bank it is beside landbank

[QUOTE=nomad4ever;36182]Good afternoon! Can someone give me any tips on how to find a small, affordable, fully furnished apartment (1-bedroom) to rent on a monthly base in or near Dumaguete?

I was thinking something around 5.000-10.000 Peso/month at most, but all places I ran into so far are asking much more. For instance 'Apo Vista' near Dauin (in the middle of nowhere) 15.000 Peso or the nice/big apartments next to Edelweiss Restaurant, they want 24.000 Peso/month.

Yeah I'm a white guy, but not *that* rich; but aren't there any affordable deals available?

How would you go ahead to find a cheaper place to stay?

Many thanks!

I know he has newly finish bachelors pad furnish. very nive cloes to El Camino bLanco. Talk to the owner of image bank. the rental is only 6k. i hope it is not taken yet. you dont like to rent in Valencia?? or Talay? If you look for a place close to the City the price is really high. but there are some house owne that do not charge high. In bagacay it has apartment there also less than 10k a month i hope my information could help you find your place to stay.How long you been staying if in case you find one, If i know of other oplace which is cheap i will inform you right away. But don't forget to check the owner of Image bank. I hope you will be the first one to take that house. If you have family i think that place is not ideal for you bec. it is only a bachelors pad.

Thanks

Hi julieta, thanks for the great tips! Where is that image bank you mentioned? I was thinking also of Valencia (it seems to be nicely cool), but still pondering also of just buying a used tricycle and roaming around the islands.

So then it would probably be better to rent rather weekly than monthly. Arlglglglgl! Can't decide what to do....

pecoskid45 is offline DI Member
    Now living in Subic but have many friends in Dgte.
    Thanks

Default apartments

If you need a very reasonable furnished apt. weekly or monthly you might
    try BRay at bacongapartments@yahoo.com.ph

Thanks

Thanks pecoskid45 for the tip! We decided now to not stay very much longer, but better roam around the islands to see more in a short time. ;-)

bikerdave is offline DI Member
    Thanks

[QUOTE=julieta;36257][QUOTE=nomad4ever;36182]Good afternoon! Can someone give me any tips on how to find a small, affordable, fully furnished apartment (1-bedroom) to rent on a monthly base in or near Dumaguete?

Private Garden has monthly rates during the low season subject to availability. Rooms have cable/fan on the sea 10k air-con/cable and hot shower 12,500 these prices incl water and elec.* bar and resto open 24hrs.

Thanks

I must agree with Bikerdave, the rooms at Private Garden Resort are very lovely and very affordable! We checked them out a few days back.

Just decided to stick with our hotel room downtown for now (short proximity to everything), as we expect to move on any day now and would need to rent a bike for the whole time otherwise.

If I'd know that everything here takes longer than expected....argllglgl! ;-)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)