Thread: Where To Buy "White Wash" white paint?

Don
    Don is offline DI Member
    Thanks

Question Where To Buy "White Wash" white paint?

Okay...first time to ask a dumb question to you guys! LOL!

Can anyone tell me where I can find, what back in the U.S.of A., we called "White Wash"....?????

Basicaly, it's just a very cheap, and very thin, form of plain old white paint used on concrete. It only lasts about 1 1/2 to 2 years - max - in 'd sun.

Thanx, folks! Hope not too many smart assed replies!

firefly is offline DI Member
    Thanks

Even i don't know what is "white wash", i guess you are looking for latex paint.
    One off the cheaper brands is Season's wich costs about 120 pesos for 1 gallon.
    Another cheap brand is E-Z-Coat, just go around some hardwarestores to find the cheapest because prices may be differend from place to place.

bikerdave is offline DI Member
    Thanks

Closest thing to whitewash here is a latex paint that they use to paint tombstones for all souls day/all saints day Nov 1-2. They have it in citihardware
    If your're gonna get married, make sure she's an orphan

jimeve is offline DI Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    Okay...first time to ask a dumb question to you guys! LOL!

Can anyone tell me where I can find, what back in the U.S.of A., we called "White Wash"....?????

Basicaly, it's just a very cheap, and very thin, form of plain old white paint used on concrete. It only lasts about 1 1/2 to 2 years - max - in 'd sun.

Thanx, folks! Hope not too many smart assed replies!
    Blimey, that went out with the ark, how old are you try masonry paint water base.

Don
    Don is offline DI Member
    Thanks

Okay, Okay - got your 'message' Jimeve! LOL! I guess that DOES give away my age - but please....don't tell anybody else: especialy the lovely ladies/girls!!!
    Thanks to Bikerdave and Firefly for 'd little more helpfull replies....ha,ha,ha.
    Season's 120Php sure as heck beats paying 490-600Php a gallon! I hadn't seen that brand name before. The paint that Bikerdave talks about is the seems to be 'd same as what my asawa told me. I just want it to paint the boulders on my driveway entrance...

Thanks

For boulders we usually use a chalk that is mixed with water it lasts on the boulders in the sun and rain 3-4 months. Its about 50p a kilo thats about 3 liters of finished product

culumbinus is offline DI Member
    Thanks

how bout trying local "kalboro" available at asiatic commercial which is about 15 meters west of mercury drug store. you just mix "kalboro" with water and brush it on like paint. that is what we use on rocks and boulders. im not sure, someone told me its actually calcium carbonate.

Thanks

Yeah thats what I was talking about but I forgot the name Kalboro

Arie is offline DI Member
    Thanks

white wash is lime with chalk or just lime, not sure that is great in wet climates, good in hot dry climates for outside, also since you can put layer over layer, you are likely better of with a decent outside latex

it is not that hard to make yourself btw, just google white wash recipe and you find lots

Arie is offline DI Member
    Thanks

A formula used by the United States Government in making whitewash for light-houses and other public buildings is as follows:

Unslaked lime....... 2 pecks

Common salt........ 1 peck

Rice flour........... 3 pounds

Spanish whiting...... 0.5 pound

Glue (clean and white)............ 1 pound

Water, a sufficient quantity.

Slake the lime in a vessel of about 10 gallons capacity; cover it, strain, and add the salt previously dissolved in warm water. Boil the rice flour in water; soak the glue in water and dissolve on a water bath, and add both, together with the whiting and 5 gallons of hot water to the mixture, stirring all well together. Cover to protect from dirt, and let it stand for a few days, when it will be ready for use. It is to be applied hot, and for that reason should be used from a kettle over a portable furnace.
    there are loads of different ones btw that do not involve to put it on hot but likely this one is pretty durable considering its aplication

inform the community and you will likely make good local entertainment, to improve the show I would advise to make the glue yourself as well

There are lots of fun recipes that incl oxblood, salt, milk and who knows what