Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can a Foreigner be Buried in PI

PatO is online now DI Member
    Thanks

Question Can a Foreigner be Buried in PI

The sad unfortunate death of Mr. Harvey triggered a question I would like to research. Apologies if my timing is inappropriate.

If I was to die (I am not a young man), can my wife bury me here as I wish? And if so, can I pre-purchase a plot etc? I imagine others may have thought about or researched this sensitive subject.

garbonzo is offline DI Member
    Thanks

You can definitely be planted in the Philippines. No problem. As long as the payment is there - they can do. As far as pre-payment goes...no idea...I know some members of my wife's family had 'family' plots in Bacolod years ago, but I really don't keep up with it all. With the inflation rate and likelihood of extorting you for the very very last time (not restricted to the Philippines, I think the funeral homes do it everywhere - certainly do here as well) - I wouldn't put much faith in any pre-payment. Better to give your wife access to enough money to cover it, and any instructions you may have in mind. You can thank her next time you see her.

Thanks

Forgot to add...you might be able to get the embassy Marines to participate? Not sure if it is still the case, but I believe they will send an honor guard if requested. Plus a free flag. Might even be able to get the VA to toss in a few dollars after several pages of forms....It was their policy but I really haven't checked lately....I'm in no hurry LOL...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by garbonzo View Post
    Forgot to add...you might be able to get the embassy Marines to participate? Not sure if it is still the case, but I believe they will send an honor guard if requested. Plus a free flag. Might even be able to get the VA to toss in a few dollars after several pages of forms....It was their policy but I really haven't checked lately....I'm in no hurry LOL...
    Semper Fi.

Alternatives for my burial could be a backyard event. With a lechon baboy cooking on one side, they can fire me up on the other side.
    Btw, tomorrow, Nov. 10, is the Marine Corps Birthday. Please join me in a 7pm toast to the corps wherever you are at 7pm tomorrow. I only gave four for the corps, not sure if they would come down and tap me out. Semper Fi

Thanks

Will do....7PM...Good luck with the backyard burial. From the scenario I think it would be a hit in some parts of Borneo. I know my son did funeral details for ex-Marines when he was doing embassy duty in South America during the late 90's. Ring them up in Manila when you get a chance - I'm curious if they will too!
    I only did 8 years (two-time loser...re-enlisted in Vietnam - tax free LOL)...but it was probably the smartest thing I ever did. Got some great training and travel opportunities. Some more pleasant than others, but always interesting. Have a good one tomorrow! And Semper Fi.

firefly is offline DI Member
    Thanks

Also cremation is possible in Dumaguete (not on the BBQ or in the backyard)

expatron is offline DI Member
    Thanks

I have a neighbor that sell's pre need plans. I don't know any of the details and I'm not an agent of any kind. But if you would like, you can PM me and I will pass on the name and number.

jackpeterson is offline DI Member
    JUNOB With My Wife Corazon & Daughter Trisha-Mae
    Thanks

Unhappy So Sad!

Sad day indeed, I think Pat that is when this sort of thing happens, we do indeed get a wake up call, as you say we are not getting any younger and of course we all know deep down that we will go sooner or later.
    I was talking to Azon earlier and I said I guess we should think about this soon, she informs me (Clever Girl) that she has had 3 policies going for some time with a funeral director, She tells me that the cover is Quite good and any benefits left from one policy can be added to the next, Mama is covered, Her and little one also and after our marriage I was added, We used One policy to bury a nephew earlier this year and there was some left that we have now added to the others. She added that it is not that expensive but of course these have been running some 8 years on 2 and 3 years on the other, if you have not sorted anything out with Ron then by all means PM me, I am sure that Ron will get you started on this delicate issue.

May we, as a family, extend our condolences to the family of these unfortunate people also.

Jack P.
    Life! is not a rehearsal, It's for Living. Live it!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jackpeterson View Post
    Sad day indeed, I think Pat that is when this sort of thing happens, we do indeed get a wake up call, as you say we are not getting any younger and of course we all know deep down that we will go sooner or later.
    I was talking to Azon earlier and I said I guess we should think about this soon, she informs me (Clever Girl) that she has had 3 policies going for some time with a funeral director, She tells me that the cover is Quite good and any benefits left from one policy can be added to the next, Mama is covered, Her and little one also and after our marriage I was added, We used One policy to bury a nephew earlier this year and there was some left that we have now added to the others. She added that it is not that expensive but of course these have been running some 8 years on 2 and 3 years on the other, if you have not sorted anything out with Ron then by all means PM me, I am sure that Ron will get you started on this delicate issue.

May we, as a family, extend our condolences to the family of these unfortunate people also.

Jack P.
    Thank you Jack. I am following up with Ron but would also like to investigate a policy, if it is possible for you to kindly email me a contact.

grandpainak is offline DI Member
    Thanks

Default PatO

Quote Originally Posted by PatO View Post
    If I was to die (I am not a young man), can my wife bury me here as I wish?
    check this 3 year old post, it might help.

Crematory
    If money talks, than CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM SINGS!

Jim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast