Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: A Quiet and peaceful retirement.

Firefly44 is offline DI Member
    Thanks

Default A Quiet and peaceful retirement.

Hi. As the title says, has this been achieved ? Can this be possible in Duma? Outside of Duma ? In the Philippines ?
    I am sure it is not for all but can / has it been found. Some people may have peace and quiet with Roosters, kareoke and Two strokes
    Take care all.
    Bahala Na!

newbie27 is offline DI Member
    Thanks

You can try this place called Don Salvador Benedicto....the place havent been overly populated by expats surely lots are more affordable than the rest of Negros Island and experience the pine trees outside of Baguio with similar coldness of wind breeze and fog. ( just a suggestion)

photos at : Wall Photos | Facebook

Firefly44 is offline DI Member
    Thanks

Hi N27. Thanks but cannot view your facebook pic's as I dont do facebook. I am not looking for myself as I can find peace and quiet wherever I roam.
    Just wondering and enquireing if some expat expectations have been realised or in fact not realised as once expected.
    Take care.
    Bahala Na!

newbie27 is offline DI Member
    Thanks

BTW, that's not my facebook, just came to stumbled it while digging over the net looking for alternative places to settled down with. If you wanna know more about expat life in the Philippines. I think this person could help you, I think he's living in the PI for almost half of his life, hes name is Bob. I came to stumbled too on his page telling about expat life in PI.

MindanaoBob

Manzanita is offline DI Member
    Thanks

Firefly, to get the peace and quiet you're talking about, you have to get a ways outside the populated areas and put as much distance as possible between you and neighbors.
    It requires a bit of pioneering spirit, and you'll have to be self-sufficent in a lot of ways.

Broadside is offline DI Member
    Thanks

Just go with the flow, have a laid back attitude, and the balls to bluff things out.

A Quiet and peaceful retirement.-get-attachmenta.jpg

This fella is a great role model.
    Don't be a slave to your past - be the architect of your future.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Broadside For This Useful Post:

xyzimgone (05-14-2012)

PatO is offline DI Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly44 View Post
    Hi. As the title says, has this been achieved ? Can this be possible in Duma? Outside of Duma ? In the Philippines ?
    I am sure it is not for all but can / has it been found. Some people may have peace and quiet with Roosters, kareoke and Two strokes
    Take care all.
    FF44, the further away you go from a main hiway, the less infrastructure you will have. Electricity, water, decent road, and more farms around you. For example, a mile or two up the hill in Bacong you can buy a 1000 sq mtr or larger lot with a right away to it and be by yourself. But what could happen is someone may put pigs or cows on an adjacent lot sooner or later and you are stuck living with that. Hard to find a place where you don't here roosters sounding off. Maybe finding a remote spot near the water toward Santa Catalina might work. Have a look around, and good luck.

devildog4 is offline DI Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by newbie27 View Post
    You can try this place called Don Salvador Benedicto....the place havent been overly populated by expats surely lots are more affordable than the rest of Negros Island and experience the pine trees outside of Baguio with similar coldness of wind breeze and fog. ( just a suggestion)

photos at : Wall Photos | Facebook
    How far from Dunaguete is this place?

Pedro is offline DI Member
    Thanks

Very, it is a several hours drive north of Manila but it is also known as the PI's "little America."
    "I dream of things that never were, and ask 'why not?'" Robert Kennedy

Thanks

Baguio is north of manila in luzon province..."little baguio" officially called Don Salvador Benedicto of north/occidental Negros is 1 hour up and east of bacolod,so its about 8 hour drive or less from dumaguete, Ceres bus goes direct to there also,but with a transfer in bacolod or you could go the eastern San Carlos city route...San carlos route into mountain is a longer drive even though its closer to don salvador benedicto by map lines;its because the winding in the road amplifys the distance and slows down the drive if you want to survive..i lived there 7 or 8 months out of 2011,i left december 1st 2011...1 ceres fell off the mountain road,one cargo truck fell of the mountain road and another lost climb up the hill and rolled back into a tree which snapped into my power line which whipped onto my roof scareing the !@%$ outta me..these are just the events i saw and heard about during my 7 months there...There are lots of evergreen pine trees lineing the highway and it very small town with a new modern foriegner style subdivision just put in last year on a cliff side tract of hectares over looking the small river deep down below the cliff...for the most part it is quiet and cool and cheap but they still know how to conspire to charge the foriegner higher prices from the already cheap base up there..lots of chickens and animls from snakes to monkeys and bufalo,cows and many goats..there are outter regions of the towns there that are very remote where even in town every one has the bamboo grove in there yard and bamboo houses or at leasts some bamboo used on a concrete block structure....
    Last edited by tunji oluwajuyemi; 04-23-2012 at 03:29 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast