Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: section 13A - hearing procedure

paul-angie Guest

Default section 13A - hearing procedure

Hi folks.

Can anyone tell us what to expect during the Section 13A Hearing we will be attending on Wednesday?

For example what questions will they be asking, and what information do they want ?

Thanks.

john reynolds is offline DI Member
    Somewhere in Bacong, a click or two South of the Market Place
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by paul-angie View Post
    Hi folks.

Can anyone tell us what to expect during the Section 13A Hearing we will be attending on Wednesday?

For example what questions will they be asking, and what information do they want ?

Thanks.
    Just out of curiosity, what exactly is a section 13A hearing?

paul-angie Guest

Hi John.

The hearing, at the Immigration Bureau Philippines, is part of the process of applying for permanent residence in Philippines, by marriage to a Philippine National. I believe the hearing is just a simple procedure, but it is always good to know what to expect with something new.

Paul.

john reynolds is offline DI Member
    Somewhere in Bacong, a click or two South of the Market Place
    Thanks

So I'm assuming that the hearing is in Manila and not conducted by Mr. Peter Bueno at immigration in Dumaguete?..... Thanks for the info. Paul.... Cheers

paul-angie Guest

Correct John, Manila. We applied here in Manila and our application is being processed here. I do not think first applications are processed anywhere else, you can check on that. I may be wrong.

Paul.

Cutie ladybug is offline DI Member
    Thanks

Many people do it at Mandaue Immigration
    Fast this Life of mine was dying
    Blind already and calm as Death
    Snowflakes on her bosom lying
    Scarcely heaving with her breath
    Love came by, and having known her
    In a dream of Fabled Lands

RMNImmigration is offline DI Member
    Thanks

Hearing takes only 30mins. Usual question is When and where did you meet, how, simple question needs simple answer. Be sure to arrive their early to find your hearing officer, hearing officer is in the receipt of your filing. After the hearing, hearing officer will recommends your paper if it is approve nor denied. Then forwarded to Board of Commissioners for signature, The hearing officer will tell you to check your status in the BI website. You need to have updated stay while waiting for the Agenda of your 13a. If you are lucky to have a BB(Balikbayan) to your passport you don't need to extend. If you will go outside the country for some reason be it business/or pleasure while you have pending application in BI, Be sure to file for 3 months (Grace period) so that you don't need your visa to revalidate. BI will send you letter when your visa is already approved and tell you to Implement the visa. After you implemented your visa then ICARD photo capturing and fingerprinting. If you wish to do it in Bureau of Immigration Sub-port. (BI CEbu- or Duma) File a letter request addres to (ARD) (Alien Registration Division Chief)stating that you wish to do your ICARD fingerprinting and photo capturing in one of their BI-Subport hence you cannot travel and you leave permanently in DUMA. Bi-Main will forward it to Bi Cebu.

Note: Be sure to apply your 13a Permanent 20 days before the expiration of your 13(a) Probationary Visa.

paul-angie Guest

Thank you RMN Immigration.

We have had our hearing this morning, and I was approved by the Hearing Officer, and he will be forwarding my application to the Board of Commissioners.

We will be arriving in Dumaguete tomorrow.

Thank you again for your help.

Paul.

RMNImmigration is offline DI Member
    Thanks

Good to hear that. Have a safe flight.

paul-angie Guest

Hi.

Where is Mandaue Immigration ?

Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast