Thread: Bread dough..

Cutie ladybug is offline DI Forum Adept
    Thanks

Default Bread dough..

Hello i want to make pizza but i can't find bread dough. Anyone know where can i buy it?

Thanks

OnMyWay is offline DI Senior Member
    Thanks

haven't found dough. But, some rather bland pizza crusts are in the frozen section back left corner of Fortune mart...from memory about 60 pesos a 2 pack.

After making the pizzas and pricing all the ingredients, we now just buy them at why not.

tlrtraveler is offline DI Member
    Thanks

Hi Mark---this is a receipe I have used for years---adjust as needed. About 2 cups of warm water, 1 1/2 tblspoon dry active yeast, and tsp of sugar, tsp of salt, stir together and let sit until it "proofs'---bubbles and smells yeasty---about 20 to 30 minutes

add flour (preferable unbleached white) ( other options, add minced garlic ) until dough is really sticky and can be formed into a ball , then turn out on to a floured surface and knead until elastic--adding flour as necessary to keep from sticking---add olive oil to the original mixing bowl, put dough ball back in , turn to coat with olive oil and place somewhere to rise until doubled, then it is ready to use, add topppings ---hot oven (400-450), baking stone preferrred---for crisper crust, prebake for 10 minutes before topping--hope you enjoy the crust as much as I have enjoyed your photos!

OnMyWay is offline DI Senior Member
    Thanks

sounds good! Might be hopeless trying to get most ovens here to 400+ degrees. :-(

Thanks for your kind words...

Cutie ladybug is offline DI Forum Adept
    Thanks

There's pizza dough sold in the bread baker at the basement of Lee Plaza, but it's not any good

kelpguy is offline DI Forum Adept
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tlrtraveler View Post
    add flour (preferable unbleached white) ( other options, add minced garlic ) until dough is really sticky and can be formed into a ball
    hey tlrtraveler....
    i was just about to try your pizza dough recipe and noticed you didn't list the amount of flour : )

thanks...
    norm : ))~
    who's just learning and... enjoying this cooking stuff

tlrtraveler is offline DI Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kelpguy View Post
    hey tlrtraveler....
    i was just about to try your pizza dough recipe and noticed you didn't list the amount of flour : )

thanks...
    norm : ))~
    who's just learning and... enjoying this cooking stuff
    Sorry---did not mean to be imprecise, but the flour amount is dependent upon how much water is added initially--if it is about 1 1/2cups water, then start with 2 1/2 cups flour and stir until really sticky, the slowly add flour until a ball begins to form, then turn out onto a floured surface, flour your hands and begin to knead it--just grab the front and pull it to the back and then push it down---repeatedly until the dough becomes elastic and does not stick to your hands--it is not a sicience experiement, so you can vary the ingredients a little---add garlic or rosemary ---sun dried tomatoes--whatever is your pleasure--I am approximating all the measurements cause the italian lady who taught the recipie to me laughed when i ask how much of this or that---she said just enough---as if that explained everything! good luck and have fun!