Thread: Drug addition in the Philippines

Union Jack is offline DI Member
    Thanks

Default Drug addition in the Philippines

Hi all, illegal drug users are on the rise in the Philippines, it seems that's because the pinoy/pinay youths are trying to emulate their westener counterparts........
    How's the current situation in Dumaguete and its surroundings?
    I had in the past a nephew whom was sucked in this vicious habit and saw him changing from a happy go lucky kind of fellow to a zombie, a real pity.
    Wish youngsters would find something else to keep them amused...
    http://www.my-health-n-fitness.com/1...e-philippines/

appy_ammer is offline DI Member
    Thanks

Default ?

Its a shame when trying to emulate the western world people copy the bad and destructive habits. As if they dont have enough problems they are going to make their future impossible.

PatO is offline DI Member
    Thanks

Here, I don't buy the "trying to emulate westerners", no disrespect to Union Jack's post. I am by no means an expert but IMHO the a'holes that do drugs here are in to there own world and could care less what goes on outside of it.

newbie27 is offline DI Member
    Thanks

Smile

I think drug addiction is a worldwide problem, worst in third world countries like Philippines and go far to south America.

bounty98 is offline DI Member
    Thanks

drug of choice in the PI, shabu or in the west Methamphetamine is actually a product of Asia originally developed in Japan..from Wikipedia...

After World War II, a large Japanese military stockpile of methamphetamine, known by its trademark Philopon, flooded the market.[82] The Japanese Ministry of Health banned it in 1951; since then, it has been increasingly produced by the Yakuza criminal organization.[83]On the streets, it is also known as S, Shabu, and Speed, in addition to its old trademarked name. In the 1950s, there was a rise in the legal prescription of methamphetamine to the American public. In the 1954 edition of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, indications for methamphetamine included "narcolepsy, postencephalitic parkinsonism, alcoholism, certain depressive states, and in the treatment of obesity."[84] The 1960s saw the start of significant use of clandestinely manufactured methamphetamine, as well as methamphetamine created in users' own homes for personal and recreational use which continues to this day.