Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: DTI in Quezon Park selling ICC helmet stickers

OnMyWay is offline DI Member
    Thanks

pato, head over opposite freedom park near the new gym and my buddy was there today and a "fixer" had the stickers for 40P each or 3 for 100Pesos. No forms and no wait in line, etc. :-)
    rechel likes this.

KTM
    KTM is offline DI Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by OnMyWay View Post
    Forms??? Let me guess...filled out in triplicate and notorized by an attorney??
    Actually NO, 2 identical pages, fill in on each: - 5-6 lines, that include date, name, address, brand of helmet, date of purchase, seller/ location and signature. Attach a photocopy of a valid I.D. e.g. driving license, bring your helmet and take a number, then wait, so simple even a local could do it.

Following procedure after your number is called: - Present your number, sign the sheet, then go to a helmet inspection desk, give them your number and helmet, if your helmet fits their helmet profile, then you go to payment desk and pay P100 application fee and P1.25 for the sticker per helmet. Go back to the inspection desk give them the receipt, they put on the sticker on your helmet then mark the sticker number on the sheets and return the receipt and second sheet to you. "Voila", all done, not even that difficult for morons. (The D.T.I. personal and City Hall staff are extremely pleasant to deal with unless you turn into a 'Grade A dickhead'.)

I legally registered 3 out of my 4 helmets today, (the 4th already had an ICC sticker when I bought it 3 years ago, anyway), with no problem whatsoever, except for 2 or so hours waiting. (Hey, it's Philippines, nothing new here then.)
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to KTM For This Useful Post:

Rhoody (07-13-2012)

simple mind is offline DI Member
    Thanks

Exactly, KTM got the right attitude to this situation, take it ease and spark a conversation with somebody waiting along with you, who knows it might enlighten your perception of your new home town. They told me that they are there until August 21th.
    Charlie T. likes this.

KTM
    KTM is offline DI Member
    Thanks

By the way, also of interest the EWD(early warning device) for 4 wheel vehicles story yesterday in VDS: - DAILY STAR: Negros Oriental
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.

andiflip is offline DI Member
    Thanks

I heard that after August 3rd if you want a sticker you will need to take your helmet to the DTI in Manila where they will perform the "Egg Test".. when they drop an egg on your helmet and the egg breaks you get the sticker, if the helmet breaks you will need to fill out a form asking for an exemption and pay P2,000 to have the test performed again using a fried egg.. if the helmet breaks again no sticker.. sorry..........

andiflip is offline DI Member
    Thanks

I heard that after August 3rd if you want a sticker you will need to take your helmet to the DTI in Manila where they will perform the "Egg Test".. when they drop a "Balut" on your helmet and the egg breaks you get the sticker, if the helmet breaks you will need to fill out a form asking for an exemption and pay P2,000 to have the test performed again using a fried egg.. if the helmet breaks again no sticker.. sorry..........
    flxibl2006 likes this.

firefly is offline DI Member
    Thanks

Just wondering where all these helmets will be placed in malls and supermarkets when thousands of motorist will come to Dumaguete on a sunny day.
    Maybe an opportunity for a new business: -Helmet parking-
    KTM, jackpeterson and PatO like this.

PatO is offline DI Member
    Thanks

Do we know if any "other laws" will be enforced, along with the helmet issue, such as number of riders on a bike (I assume there is a limit like two per bike, but we know what happens when one assumes). Also, at the current check points for mirrors, has anyone seen lights being checked as well?
    KTM likes this.

Dave & Imp is offline DI Member
    Thanks

Default probably will not check for anyting else, since that would take iniative

Quote Originally Posted by PatO View Post
    Do we know if any "other laws" will be enforced, along with the helmet issue, such as number of riders on a bike (I assume there is a limit like two per bike, but we know what happens when one assumes). Also, at the current check points for mirrors, has anyone seen lights being checked as well?
    Well if it works like the LTO registrations and license checks nothing else will be checked. While being checked at the twice weekly schedule check point, a motorcycle pull up with four riders. I walked over to two the lady puliz officers (not LTO offices) looking at the motorcycle and asked if they knew how many riders were allowed on the motorcycle at a time....one looked at the other and with a questionalbe expression and said three...the other said see thought two....obviously nothing happen...except I pissed of the orange shirted LTO lady who threatened to impound my bike....I left. Obviously those checks are for the dramatics only. They are serious about the dramatic show, but mirror, lights and rider count was not questioned.

When I asked one checker puliz officer (he had a parks department badge on his jacket) why he did not stop the fellow without any lights, his reply "I did not see him." My reply was "of course you did not, he had no lights"...and laughingly walked off. They get paid for this job?

Broadside is offline DI Member
    Thanks

More worrying than getting paid for not doing a job. These people also have a vote.
    KTM likes this.
    Don't be a slave to your past - be the architect of your future.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast