Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: ********-Formally IT Quest-Is anybody using their service?

JoeMabini is offline DI Member
    Thanks

Default Talk about beating a dead horse...

The Dane had valid reasons for his complaints 5 years ago. In a nutshell,He was an innocent victim of the "crab mentality" prevalent here in the Philippines. Bayantel and Globe, two of the backbone providers in that era did not see IT Outlook as a value added reseller, but as competition - even though they could not or would not serve the customers, they were jealous of someone making money from their service. Rather than continue making money off of the reseller, they chose to terminate his service in true crab fashion.

Rhoody and Larry are just regurgitating old threads and fanning flames. Were either of you actually customers or are you just trying to gang-bang a guy that the Dane has a hard-on for?

I used their service when I lived in Talay because I did not have a choice at the time. When I moved to Batinguel, I had a choice, but kept my service because in my experience, the management at the time provided great customer service. The PLDT I-Gate connection was great, and the Globe connection was so-so. If my I-gate went down, I could reset my router and switch connections on the fly. I liked that. Two years ago, it was a great service and worth every peso.

As far as name changes go, when you start a business here as a sole proprietor, you fall under DTI guidelines for naming your company. When you choose to incorporate, you fall under SEC guidelines. The name they were using as a sole proprietor could not be used as a corporation for various reasons. You should really get your facts straight when making silly accusations as to why the name of the company changed. It is not always done for dubious reasons.

Since the incorporation, this saga has taken more turns than the road to Santa Catalina. About a year ago, "professional management" took over and drove a lot of customers away, myself included. This latest incarnation is all part of the drama in an effort to dilute the ownership of a stockholder. One day, after the dust settles, maybe the story will come out. When it does, it will be educational to any foreigner that wishes to start a business here.

As far as this ******** thing goes, on their Facebook page, they list "Wireless nanotechnology", whatever that is. The technology is anything but cutting edge. Same old equipment. If you want to find out who is behind ********, check with the SEC.

shadow is offline Administrator
    Thanks

Well for your information, I know of three people in the Valencia area who paid handsomely for service, service that was not forthcoming. One spent over P100,000 and NEVER DID get a connection ONCE. Of course, always the excuse that it was someone else's fault, and
    then no response at all. Great service, I would say. 100 foot towers are a pretty expensive tree from which to hang Christmas lights!

When someone has a compliant about a company/service, well, stuff happens. When most who use a company/service complain, then it is time to take notice. As near as I can tell, based on your own love/hate relationship with this OUTfit, nothing has changed except the name since the first day they opened, under whatever name that was.

Larry

Manzanita is offline DI Member
    Thanks

I use IT Outlook with an 80ft antenna I had built myself. I'm still using the old Semao with a grid antenna and have quite good results. The transformation of IT Outlook to ******** will involve the incorporation of this new wireless transmitter known as an "Ubiquiti Nanobridge".

NanoBridge5.jpg

This system will utilize a frequency in the area of 5 gigahertz avoiding any interference from the very commonly used 2.4 g band.

I'm very much looking forward to the switch.

If you're just using the beam antenna and are not happy, I suggest getting a grid antenna before you give up.
    It makes an enormous difference.

I'm very much looking forward to the new Nanobridge and ******** service. Should be next month.

Thanks

For anybody that cant see the link in my pervious post, heres the website for Ubiquiti...
    NanoBridge M | Ubiquiti Networks, Inc.

Rhoody is offline DI Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JoeMabini View Post

Rhoody and Larry are just regurgitating old threads and fanning flames. Were either of you actually customers or are you just trying to gang-bang a guy that the Dane has a hard-on for?
    well, if you followed along that topic you should know my experience with them. as a matter of fact it goes back to Puerto Galera where the original master-scammer of that company tried to "steal" money the same way he did here.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JoeMabini View Post

As far as this ******** thing goes, on their Facebook page, they list "Wireless nanotechnology", whatever that is. The technology is anything but cutting edge.
    I hate to jump in on the gangbang, but the NanoBridge and 5gig wireless is cutting edge in wireless broadband.

dpt123 is offline DI Member
    Thanks

I am with them for my house near Zamboanguita. I have been in the Philippines for all of 3 months and in that time I have well and truly realised that NOTHING is easy here.

So getting internet to me where there is no other coverage options, barely a road etc is a pretty decent effort I reckon.

They have always been open and upfront, attempting to under promise and over deliver, and have delivered. Its not an easy thing, there are a lot of moving parts to their business eg their backbone provider, and a lot of random unknown occurances that they have to roll with such as interference with the wireless spectrum from all manner of things.

The problem with people is often their expectations are not aligned with reality. I have nothing but praise for their efforts, communication and results.

dpt123 is offline DI Member
    Thanks

I also have no knowledge of this company in the past of course.

The Dane is offline DI Member
    Thanks

As far as name changes go, when you start a business here as a sole proprietor, you fall under DTI guidelines for naming your company. When you choose to incorporate, you fall under SEC guidelines. The name they were using as a sole proprietor could not be used as a corporation for various reasons. You should really get your facts straight when making silly accusations as to why the name of the company changed. It is not always done for dubious reasons.
    IT Outlook

IT Quest

3 names, so they went sole proprietorship, incorporated and then back to sole proprietorship?

I don't care why they changed names, but most companies doing that for non-dubious reasons would of course add "formerly known as" on their signs and postage. You would not want your old happy customers to not know who you are right

Bayantel and Globe, two of the backbone providers in that era did not see IT Outlook as a value added reseller, but as competition - even though they could not or would not serve the customers, they were jealous of someone making money from their service.
    That was not how it happened back then according to the IT Outlook employee I spoke with...

IT Outlook was on Bayantel, and when they were things were working most of the time... Then according to the sales representative who I signed up with, I believe their head sales guy, they failed to pay Bayantel. So of course Bayantel not being a charity cut them off...

After they got cut off, they panicked and got a single 2Mbit consumer line in and tried to share that out to their customers... Needless to say that never worked out. I am not sure if Globe cut them off or whatever happened after that...

Again... This was told to me by their own employee.

Hard-on or not, fact is I lost a ton of money on a service which at the best of times was bad and most the time worse than that...

Have they fixed up their act? - Maybe

Would I ever trust them or any new scheme or name that company comes up with? - NEVER EVER!
    Have a nice day

astroman is offline Junior Member
    Thanks

Yes I am using the service and i have been since it was ITQUEST. It is not only a new name but it is a new owner and staff. REGRETTABLY THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO ARE TRYING TO SCAM THE USERS OF THIS SERVICE by claiming to represent what they do not represent.

If you will simply go to their office which is across from Lee Hypermart you can meet the staff, in particular a very pleasant lady name of Cherry and the top managers. This is a straight up no hassle organization which gives the best service on the Island.

Astroman

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast