Thread: heads up Forex users!!!

kelpguy is offline DI Member
    Thanks

Default heads up Forex users!!!

i recently had a bb box in transit opened and a tablet pc and a netbook taken.

forex L.A. wrote;
    HI Norm

Your box was opened during a US Customs inspection. You said so yourself that the people who took your items knew that there were those items in your box. WE have strong suspicions that the contracted company of US Customs who unload our containers at their warehouse have been taking stuff from the boxes. they do not take the packaging with them as they cannot be seen with a brand new item when they leave their work/warehouse. It has to look like they personally own the item already. I'm guessing that when your box is xrayed, they see the items they like and take them after US Customs officers leave their premises. Its a sad situation for our customers and for us as we already pay them extra fees when they pull out our containers for inspection and as if adding insult to injury, they steal from the boxes. Unfortunately, our insurance doesnt cover items taken by US Customs> We've already complained to US Customs (including all other balikbayan box companies) but our complaints have fallen on deaf ears.

We'll personally cover the $500 insurance but we'd like to ask you to write a complaint letter to Price Transfer(the company US Customs contracts with), or even to US Customs to complain about what happened. Let me know so i can send you more information.

Sincerely

Ging

===========================================
    here's the scoop, make your own judgments.
    missing items:
    1- ASUS Eee PC 1008P-KR-PU17-PI 10.1-Inch Netbook (Hot Pink)
    - the plug end of the power supply the power supply was still in the Asus box which was not taken

2 - Amazon Kindle Fire tablet
    everything missing but the Kindle box and a few pamphlets

========= the details ==========
    (see customs tape fotos)
    - three edges of one side of the bb box was cut and retaped using usa customs tape. the customs tape is under clear packing tape.

- the usa customs tape joining the cut portion of the box is pulled away from the box itself.

- the 3 stripes of original forex tape closing the box flaps looked to be uncut.

- several boxes inside the bb box were cut in the process of cutting into the side of the bb box. these boxes were not retaped and some of the contents from the cut inside boxes spilled into the bb box (see damaged items foto)

the Asus box appears to have been ripped open (see asus box foto)

- there were no documents from customs in or out of the bb box indicating a search.

all other items in the box are accounted for tho some of them were scattered throughout the box.

=== items cut or damaged in process of cutting the bb box (see damaged items foto) ===
    - ASUS box (this box appears to have been ripped open)
    - neoprene notebook case (appears to have been forced from it's plastic sales packaging
    - spice jar box cut
    - canned food box cut

==== my thots ===========

to me, it looks whoever cut the bb box knew that the Asus and the Kindle were inside and knew where to cut to the box but was in a hurry and damaged (cut) other items inside the bb box. why was the asus box tore open and the power cord not taken? why weren't the boxes for the stolen items taken?

why would customs (or a thief) cut into the side of a box instead of simply opening the flaps? how would a thief know what was in the box and where it was located unless they saw customs open the box. or maybe one of the forex team had a roll of customs tape and staged the whole thing to look like a customs thing or???

i received the box on 27 august and forex has asked for my banking info but i have yet to receive a $ settlement (yet) but i have hope.

tick... tick... tick...
    norm : ))~
    Attached Images Attached Images

shadow is online now Administrator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kelpguy View Post
    i recently had a bb box in transit opened and a tablet pc and a netbook taken.

forex L.A. wrote;
    HI Norm

Your box was opened during a US Customs inspection. You said so yourself that the people who took your items knew that there were those items in your box. WE have strong suspicions that the contracted company of US Customs who unload our containers at their warehouse have been taking stuff from the boxes. they do not take the packaging with them as they cannot be seen with a brand new item when they leave their work/warehouse. It has to look like they personally own the item already. I'm guessing that when your box is xrayed, they see the items they like and take them after US Customs officers leave their premises. Its a sad situation for our customers and for us as we already pay them extra fees when they pull out our containers for inspection and as if adding insult to injury, they steal from the boxes. Unfortunately, our insurance doesnt cover items taken by US Customs> We've already complained to US Customs (including all other balikbayan box companies) but our complaints have fallen on deaf ears.

We'll personally cover the $500 insurance but we'd like to ask you to write a complaint letter to Price Transfer(the company US Customs contracts with), or even to US Customs to complain about what happened. Let me know so i can send you more information.

Sincerely

Ging

===========================================
    here's the scoop, make your own judgments.
    missing items:
    1- ASUS Eee PC 1008P-KR-PU17-PI 10.1-Inch Netbook (Hot Pink)
    - the plug end of the power supply the power supply was still in the Asus box which was not taken

2 - Amazon Kindle Fire tablet
    everything missing but the Kindle box and a few pamphlets

========= the details ==========
    (see customs tape fotos)
    - three edges of one side of the bb box was cut and retaped using usa customs tape. the customs tape is under clear packing tape.

- the usa customs tape joining the cut portion of the box is pulled away from the box itself.

- the 3 stripes of original forex tape closing the box flaps looked to be uncut.

- several boxes inside the bb box were cut in the process of cutting into the side of the bb box. these boxes were not retaped and some of the contents from the cut inside boxes spilled into the bb box (see damaged items foto)

the Asus box appears to have been ripped open (see asus box foto)

- there were no documents from customs in or out of the bb box indicating a search.

all other items in the box are accounted for tho some of them were scattered throughout the box.

=== items cut or damaged in process of cutting the bb box (see damaged items foto) ===
    - ASUS box (this box appears to have been ripped open)
    - neoprene notebook case (appears to have been forced from it's plastic sales packaging
    - spice jar box cut
    - canned food box cut

==== my thots ===========

to me, it looks whoever cut the bb box knew that the Asus and the Kindle were inside and knew where to cut to the box but was in a hurry and damaged (cut) other items inside the bb box. why was the asus box tore open and the power cord not taken? why weren't the boxes for the stolen items taken?

why would customs (or a thief) cut into the side of a box instead of simply opening the flaps? how would a thief know what was in the box and where it was located unless they saw customs open the box. or maybe one of the forex team had a roll of customs tape and staged the whole thing to look like a customs thing or???

i received the box on 27 august and forex has asked for my banking info but i have yet to receive a $ settlement (yet) but i have hope.

tick... tick... tick...
    As of last year US customs started x-raying all boxes leaving the country. At least Forex appears to be trying to compensate you, many companies would not bother. Please do as she says and write to the company involved AND customs. It may help to resolve future problems before they occur.

Larry

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    As of last year US customs started x-raying all boxes leaving the country. At least Forex appears to be trying to compensate you, many companies would not bother. Please do as she says and write to the company involved AND customs. It may help to resolve future problems before they occur.

Larry
    thanks for your input, larry. i've reminded forex several times to send me the letter writing info and that i haven't received my $ compensation yet.

ging replied monday (usa time) saying forex has scheduled a deposit to my bank acct this week but still no letter writing info but then, the weeks not over : )

anyone wanna send usa customs a love note with me?

andiflip is offline DI Member
    Thanks

You can bet those US customs officers were "Beaners" or "Flips""

john reynolds is offline DI Member
    Somewhere in Bacong, a click or two South of the Market Place
    Thanks

still waiting on two Forex boxes to arrive to Duma that I sent around the 2nd week of August.One of them is listed as still being in Bacolod and the other one is still in the Wherehouse in Rizal.I keep You posted as to their condition if and when they arrive.....You have Me very curious now....cheers

Thanks

Default Forex comes thru : )

i want to let everyone know that forex followed thru and deposited $500 into my usa bank account. i still don't have any letter writing info but i'll ask again and post it here when i get it.

the following two ''important notice'' paragraphs were included in the deposit notice email from forex

***Important Notice: Just recently, US Customs implemented a policy on electronic devices such as the following: Laptops, Kindle eReader, ipads, mobile phones and the like or those devices that can store information or that has installed software and applications. US Customs have been inspecting all electronic devices that would fall under that category. According to them, sending such devices is not prohibited. However, devices that may contain data are subject to scrutiny as they may compromise national security. That said, we are asking you to refrain from sending such items until we can resolve matters with the US Customs. If you want to continue to ship such electronic devices, you do so at your own risk. Please be warned that losses or damages that may result from Customs inspections will not be covered by insurance.

***IMPORTANT NOTICE about shipping WATCHES*** We have noticed lately that US Customs has been confiscating watches (all kinds). US Customs hasn’t informed us officially about this but when our containers go thru random inspections, some customers report that the watches they shipped are missing. If this is the case, insurance doesn’t cover these losses. If you want to continue to ship watches, you do so at your own risk.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kelpguy For This Useful Post:

Don (10-20-2012), shadow (10-19-2012)