Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DavyL200

Thread: Mountain road above Dauin

doromaner is offline DI Member
    Thanks

Default Mountain road above Dauin

Has anyone driven up any of the mountain roads that head up towards Talinas from the Bacong/Dauin area? Are these roads paved or dirt? I am specifically interested in the homes that are above 500 meters. Do the homes have electricity and phone lines? How long does it take to get up past 500 meters from the national highway? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

pfotoguy is offline DI Forum Adept
    Thanks

Ive been up a few. its surprising how far some to these kids walk to and from school. Its like the old joke. "we walked 2 miles to school up hill" in this case its true. Ive seen power lines but weather the houses have electricity I don't know.the roads are a little concrete a little dirt and depending on the rain is how bad they are.

Suggest u take a bike and see for yourself. I live in Dauin
    Foto
    My name is Bill but my girlfriend thinks its ATM

PatO is offline DI Forum Luminary
    Thanks

The road from beautiful downtown Bacong up the hill is paved or about a kilometer, then a bumpy dirt road all the way up. The road from the highway in San Miguel is mixed paved and dirt for about two kilometers up the hill the dirt. Take a drive up and check out the area.

doromaner is offline DI Member
    Thanks

I am trying to determine if it is livable and drivable up higher towards Talinas. I really prefer cooler weather and was wanting to get an idea of how long it takes to get up towards the drivable end of these roads?

DavyL200 is offline DI Senior Member
    Thanks

The last two days we have been up two rds around dauin,once up to Baslay and above and once to edc dauin which you can now drive all the way To! The roads are rough most of the way but there are concrete stretches. So much cooler up,there pat 26 deg at 800 m,just depends if you can handle,the rds!
    PatO likes this.
    bacongapartments.com

6. The Following User Says Thank You to DavyL200 For This Useful Post:

PatO (08-05-2012)

shadow is offline DI Forum Luminary
    Thanks

We have been up most of the roads to the end in years past. Mostly very steep and dirt farther up, passable when dry, but get pretty unpassable when wet. Definitely good 4X4 or dirt bike territory.

Larry