Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shipping TO America...

OnMyWay is offline DI Member
    Thanks

Default Shipping TO America...

I've always been told everything is just too cheap here in Philippines and hoping to get some help. I'm planning on going on a massive shopping spree and swooping up all these bargains and shipping them to America for resale. I know many of you must do the same and be making some serious cash!With it all being so cheap, you probably can't resist yourselves.

I contacted LBC and they only ship FROM America to Philippines. Who do you use to ship TO America?

Thanks,
    Mark

shadow is offline Administrator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by OnMyWay View Post
    I've always been told everything is just too cheap here in Philippines and hoping to get some help. I'm planning on going on a massive shopping spree and swooping up all these bargains and shipping them to America for resale. I know many of you must do the same and be making some serious cash!With it all being so cheap, you probably can't resist yourselves.

I contacted LBC and they only ship FROM America to Philippines. Who do you use to ship TO America?

Thanks,
    Mark

Import / Export - Manila Forwarders

Larry

Thanks

Thanks for that Shadow.

From CA to Dumaguete LBC charges $75 for a balikbayan box.

I see it's double the price, $150, going to opposite direction. OUCH! I can check an extra suitcase for $125 and have it arrive there with me in 18 hours saving myself 5 weeks of waiting.

Thanks

Yes, double the price of coming this way, but I don't think you will find anyone else even close.

Larry

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Yes, double the price of coming this way, but I don't think you will find anyone else even close.

Larry
    You may well be right.

I had a friend send me a letter in an LBC express pack from CA to LBC at Robinsons here and she paid $8.30. I signed the document and put it back in the envelope to send back to the states. Charges here, nearly $30!

Cutie ladybug is offline DI Member
    Thanks

After all those dollar store massive shopping sprees in the USA, now you're reversing yourself..
    Fast this Life of mine was dying
    Blind already and calm as Death
    Snowflakes on her bosom lying
    Scarcely heaving with her breath
    Love came by, and having known her
    In a dream of Fabled Lands

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cutie ladybug View Post
    After all those dollar store massive shopping sprees in the USA, now you're reversing yourself..
    No question that a tourist here probably shows up with fairly empty suitcases and then goes back with them bulging to the airlines limits. Wonder what the most popular things are that tourists are loading up on....

Thanks

You may well be right.

I had a friend send me a letter in an LBC express pack from CA to LBC at Robinsons here and she paid $8.30. I signed the document and put it back in the envelope to send back to the states. Charges here, nearly $30!
    Just another of those things that are "just too cheap" here in the land of more fun.

Larry

Pedro is offline DI Member
    Thanks

I know many of you must do the same and be making some serious cash!With it all being so cheap, you probably can't resist yourselves...

Thanks,
    Mark
    Asawa and I have a system worked out that when we are in the PI what we bring we leave. Since our luggage is empty we do load up on t-shirts, shoes, barongs, movies, etc. can't resist true, but making serious cash, no way! Maybe one day when I find a reliable shipper and get an import/export license but I am not putting all my cookies in that basket.
    "I dream of things that never were, and ask 'why not?'" Robert Kennedy

Thanks

Go with the Manila forwarders suggestion...They were hard to keep in contact with and get much english conversation in PI and i even went to their warehouse in manila and not a fun trip to the sewers of the ports of manila...No need to go see them at all if you can do door to door service and pay and arrange pickup and paperwork online,which is what they prefer and insist.....I gave up on manila forwarders because i was too timid to leave my expensive stuff in the hands of people who couldnt be reached by phone in PI or give good explanations cause poor english in manila..The USA side is all i could reach but that did no good for service in philippines as they continued to refer me back to manila and the same empty contacts...So i didnt have the nerve to just do it online and load up my credit card number and expect to ever see my money or cargo again....i went with shipnex and they were great in replying emails and phone calls from newyork to philippines everyday..Shipnex sent DHL to do my pickup and it was 3 times the cost from usa to send it back to USA by air over 5 days time $1500 for 300 lbs plus a nother $100 or more for rural service charges....Manila forwarders works,but i was not gonna risk it ,being new at it and putting several $1000Ęs on the line with no one even noticing i just wanted someones voice on the line to assure/confirm me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast