Page 22 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Where to eat....

Rhoody is offline DI Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by john reynolds View Post
    I sure will miss those P25 Shwarmas I used to get from the cart outside...Those were great when You were on the Go and in a Hurry....
    the cart is still there, but after my last experience I let you eat first when back and see what happens in the next hours...

If you can hear 1000 colors I will also try

Kojak is offline DI Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rhoody View Post
    the cart is still there, but after my last experience I let you eat first when back and see what happens in the next hours...

Do not understand a thing you said....but my impression is ....I did not miss anything good

john reynolds is offline DI Member
    Somewhere in Bacong, a click or two South of the Market Place
    Thanks

Sorry to hear that Rhoody, sounds like You came down with a case of food poisoning that needed to be cured by a case of Beer...hehehe Anyways, the Shwarmas used to be good, but that was a few Years ago and no where near as good as ones at the Shwarma Snack Center in Ermita next door to the L.A Cafe {Manila Bay Cafe now} cheers....

bounty98 is offline DI Member
    Thanks

snack center...had to be the spicy beef!

Relayer Guest

It is Persian Palate, the franchise ended and the place was for sale, has been sold a few month ago still looks the same, just different signboard

While PP was one of my favorite lunch spots, it went pretty downhill at the end of its existence and did never recover from that with the new name. Last time I have been there all chicken dishes had pink meat, not that they cared at all to fix that after I complained.

Some of my favorite were always out of stock after it has been sold, but the mango chutney with naan and papadum was still good.
    I think they've upped their quality as I introduced a Pakistani friend to the place and he said the flavor and the quality was 'spot-on'. He said he would return. I take his opinion as an expert and mine as an American to be a total rookie. Now if it were meatloaf or hamgurgers then I would be the expert. lol

Rhoody is offline DI Member
    Thanks

I don't talk about the flavour, "pink chicken" can kill you, it is still ate-able and still tastes like the dish supposed to taste. I am certain that most of their guests don't even know that.

things can happen in the food and restaurant industry, but if explanations and complaints get totally ignored but charged, and taking the risk of poisoning guests, there is (at least for me and my family) only one way to go.
    Last edited by Rhoody; 06-03-2011 at 02:43 AM.

john reynolds is offline DI Member
    Somewhere in Bacong, a click or two South of the Market Place
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bounty98 View Post
    snack center...had to be the spicy beef!
    You bet it was, the Spicy Beef.. Just don't plan on kissing anybody afterwords because the Garlic Meter is pretty high.. Guess You won't have to worry about any Vampires though....cheers

PatO is offline DI Member
    Thanks

First Lunch at Mia's
    Crislyn and I drove up north to meet Ron (Expatron) and his wife Elizabeth and his friend Tyrone for lunch at Mia's. Bo, the owner, came and joined us and had some smbs with us.
    I asked Bo what was good and he of course said everything, good answer. We decided Crislyn and I would take the recommendations from our experienced eaters and ordered the spareribs and the fish and chips, most popular orders of my friends. The spareribs are marinated overnight, then baked, then barbecued. Great, but better for you to be the judge. Fish and chips, I was told, are second only to Nigels. They were both great orders and had to take leftovers from both home. Got a tour of the facility, outdoor very clean pool, indoor pool table, best I've seen outside of Makati, spotless restrooms, great friendly service. Overall, 5 out of 5, worth the drive. As Ron posted, they are now opened at 1pm.

Kojak is offline DI Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PatO View Post
    First Lunch at Mia's
    Crislyn and I drove up north to meet Ron (Expatron) and his wife Elizabeth and his friend Tyrone for lunch at Mia's. Bo, the owner, came and joined us and had some smbs with us.
    I asked Bo what was good and he of course said everything, good answer. We decided Crislyn and I would take the recommendations from our experienced eaters and ordered the spareribs and the fish and chips, most popular orders of my friends. The spareribs are marinated overnight, then baked, then barbecued. Great, but better for you to be the judge. Fish and chips, I was told, are second only to Nigels. They were both great orders and had to take leftovers from both home. Got a tour of the facility, outdoor very clean pool, indoor pool table, best I've seen outside of Makati, spotless restrooms, great friendly service. Overall, 5 out of 5, worth the drive. As Ron posted, they are now opened at 1pm.
    Mia's..... sounds good..... where is it again

PatO is offline DI Member
    Thanks

Take North Hiway past the airport, first right along the runway, about a klick down take left, Mia's on left side. I think it is the first left.