Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Best beaches in Siquijor?

Scubaholly is offline DI Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KTM View Post
    Recently, there's been quite a bit of road improvement, (farm to market etc), imagine what could possibly happen in Fua's next term as governor, maybe even the airport might open and medical facilities be upgraded etc etc, if they throw enough money at them.
    for sure: improving the offices... new tiles, sofas and AC for the Officers instead improvement in the Patients rooms... One of the reasons, why I don't be a member in the SIIC and stopped my membership in the Rotary Club...

Each business deals with trying to attract it's customers, long term, multiple visits etc differently, up to each individually to provide a set of services/environment to encourage them to do just that, I guess.
    Hmmm, is that the truth? Why I have informations from guests personally (and you find this in several Internetportals), that they don't offer e.g. philippino breakfast, don't make any move to transfer guests to the pier (even not a phone call), that they have the feeling to disturb the silence while going to a restaurant or other facilities, that every single service is charged, brown water sometimes coming from the water lines or, much better, no water, wrong or not enough information from "service" personell, always everything "out of stock"... Better I stop, before I scare upcoming guests...

Don't think it's up to the island/islanders to change, e.g. to have bars, discos, roadside cafes etc etc and alter their everyday life for a comparatively, small number of people who visit for however long, each year.
    Question: so it`s OK for you, that the foreigners make the money and keep the locals outside any additional business? No chance for the locals on their own island? Strange...

As for parting people from the contents of their wallets, I haven't seen anything significantly different in Siquijor behaviour, from elsewhere in the Philippines.
    So doing wrong is OK, the others do as well... Sorry, not my way!

As for the long walk to the gate from the boats, that's a PPA issue, being thrown to the "transport wolves at the gate" I fear, is also a Dept of Tourism deal, not a Siquijor problem.
    Here is the next problem: everybody is sooooo important, having sooooo responsible jobs.... And why the private Sektor is not complaining? Could it be not for good to attracked the island???....

The Philippines have defenitely not the best name; so why there is no kompetent working together? We have first to compete the World, before we compete each other!
    Holger Kloepper
    General manager Hollyette's Town & Mountain View Restaurant/Aberration Dive Club
    North Poblacion Larena
    6226 Siquijor/Philippines
    PADI IDC-Staff Instructor #935037
    IDA/CMAS 2** Instructor # 639

KTM
    KTM is offline DI Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scubaholly View Post
    for sure: improving the offices... new tiles, sofas and AC for the Officers instead improvement in the Patients rooms... One of the reasons, why I don't be a member in the SIIC and stopped my membership in the Rotary Club...

Hmmm, is that the truth? Why I have informations from guests personally (and you find this in several Internetportals), that they don't offer e.g. philippino breakfast, don't make any move to transfer guests to the pier (even not a phone call), that they have the feeling to disturb the silence while going to a restaurant or other facilities, that every single service is charged, brown water sometimes coming from the water lines or, much better, no water, wrong or not enough information from "service" personell, always everything "out of stock"... Better I stop, before I scare upcoming guests...

Question: so it`s OK for you, that the foreigners make the money and keep the locals outside any additional business? No chance for the locals on their own island? Strange...

So doing wrong is OK, the others do as well... Sorry, not my way!

Here is the next problem: everybody is sooooo important, having sooooo responsible jobs.... And why the private Sektor is not complaining? Could it be not for good to attracked the island???....

The Philippines have defenitely not the best name; so why there is no kompetent working together? We have first to compete the World, before we compete each other!
    Hey, you always have a choice, if you don't like it you can always leave. However, I do admire your cynicism though, a man after my own heart in this country.
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.

Thanks

Call it "cynicism"; I call it just the hurting "real truth", most people don't or don't want to see through their pinkish glasses! And why running away? Even I'm married to a Philippina (which can see the truth as well right know...): I came her because of the fascinating nature, especially U/W, only.

My plans were destroyed once of a despot on the island. But in the same time, he grow up an enemy, which has learned from his parents and grand parents (all WW2 affected) not to keep the mouth closed... What than happens, you could see from 1933-1945 in Germany. Question: where is the difference to the Philippines today?

Back to topic: white, sandy beaches are a couple to find in the Municipality of Maria; unexplored and really nice. Often not shown by Resort owners; maybe again afraid of "competition"?...
    Holger Kloepper
    General manager Hollyette's Town & Mountain View Restaurant/Aberration Dive Club
    North Poblacion Larena

Wrye83 is online now With Pastrami
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by john reynolds View Post
    the Wife is too scared of the WAK WAKS, Warlocks, Witches and Voodoo practicians.....
    Haha, I have the same problem. I have a lot of fun teasing though. LoL Isn't there one that mimics a baby's cry to draw people into the woods as well (Chanak?)? I think it is good luck to catch but you have to walk a certain way (backwards with your head between your legs? I think this either confuses it, or makes it laugh so hard it can't run away. LMAO) to catch it.

KTM
    KTM is offline DI Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scubaholly View Post
    Call it "cynicism"; I call it just the hurting "real truth", most people don't or don't want to see through their pinkish glasses! And why running away? Even I'm married to a Philippina (which can see the truth as well right know...): I came her because of the fascinating nature, especially U/W, only.

My plans were destroyed once of a despot on the island. But in the same time, he grow up an enemy, which has learned from his parents and grand parents (all WW2 affected) not to keep the mouth closed... What than happens, you could see from 1933-1945 in Germany. Question: where is the difference to the Philippines today?

Back to topic: white, sandy beaches are a couple to find in the Municipality of Maria; unexplored and really nice. Often not shown by Resort owners; maybe again afraid of "competition"?...
    Thought it might be prudent to let the dust settle a little before I replied. Lots of people who come to Siquijor island, often suffer disappointments, especially in business. Be it of their own making, or by their attitudes to people on this island, also the locals' (of all social classes) perception of 'outsiders', especially by their unusual behavior & outbursts.
    Additionally, I didn't actually know that anyone in Siquijor was fighting the Nazi's, a long time ago.

Back to topic: please enlighten us, with the really nice beaches in Maria, I'm very interested. Being a local resort owner, I'd love to help the local tourism authority, who obviously don't know their own island.
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.

Thanks

Additionally, I didn't actually know that anyone in Siquijor was fighting the Nazi's, a long time ago.
    I did not say, that they fought the Nazis...

Back to topic: please enlighten us, with the really nice beaches in Maria, I'm very interested. Being a local resort owner, I'd love to help the local tourism authority, who obviously don't know their own island.
    No, I've learned my lesson and to help especially the (sorry) "so named" local tourism authority is light years away to deserve any help from me/our company. Just go there by yourself: you can't miss them! By the way: I had to find them by myself as well; after a "secret hint" from an other resort owner and a local Expat in San Juan...
    Holger Kloepper
    North Poblacion Larena

eveonpoll is offline Junior Member
    Thanks

The best beach is by Kiwi Dive Resort, Casa de la Playa, Islanders Paradise.

bikerguy is offline DI Member
    Thanks

Can i take my motobike to siquijor?

Rhoody is offline DI Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bikerguy View Post
    Can i take my motobike to siquijor?
    Yes, that is possible with Montenegro shipping-lines leaving Dumaguete 6:00 pm. (don't know the cost)

I saw scooter pretty adventures tight up on Ocean Jet but heard rumors that they stopped that.

bikerguy is offline DI Member
    Thanks

Default boat to siquijor

went to the pier and delta is a boat company offering transport to siquijor. transport of an xr costs 250 and a wave is 200. probably one way only.

departure everyday at 1200 and 1400 and it takes one hour.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast