Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4 x 4, Jeep or similar rental

dazedandconfused is offline Junior Member
    Thanks

Default 4 x 4, Jeep or similar rental

Hello All,

First post from me so please go easy...

Am planning to come down to Dumaguete in mid August and want to rent a Pajaro, Crosswind etc or similar for about 10 days. Nothing too fancy but something that is big (and reliable) enough to carry a small group of us - 4 adults and a couple of small ones - around the area. Tried to do the same on the last visit but couldn't find anyone renting and ended up paying waaaay over the odds for a van.

If anyone has info, advice or contact numbers then that would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Rhoody is offline DI Member
    Thanks

KENS TRADING

Dumaguete North Road,
    Airport Area Sibulan,
    Negros Oriental
    Tel: (035) 2261 420 - (035) 4225 068
    Fax: (035) 4228 271
    Cell: 0920 - 952 3050, 0917- 700 5772

they are just across the airport, but no Idea with prices
    Email: grsdgte@yahoo.com

Union Jack is offline DI Member
    Thanks

Default Driving license

On this subject, could i drive a vehicle on my EC driving license or do you need an international driving license?
    I've been told one could "buy" a filipino driving license without a test or any driving lessons. What about a car insurance?
    My main worry would be to be involved in an accident.....i can already see myself dragged to court in chains, having to pay a huge fine, compensation to the victim's family or being finished off by a local whom cannot afford my hospital bills......brrrrrrrrr

Rhoody is offline DI Member
    Thanks

there is nothing like a "International driving license" we had this in another thread somewhere before. That is basically a translated paper. As yours is in English anyway you dont need that.

you can drive as a tourist without any problems I think for 3 month, than you should have applied apply for a local one.

As a foreigner you are f!#$! whenever you are involved in an accident, insured or not. Have enough money in your pocket to pay them off right away, or get a plane-ticket out of here...

driving licance

cheers

Rhoody

shadow is offline Administrator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Union Jack View Post
    On this subject, could i drive a vehicle on my EC driving license or do you need an international driving license?
    I've been told one could "buy" a filipino driving license without a test or any driving lessons. What about a car insurance?
    My main worry would be to be involved in an accident.....i can already see myself dragged to court in chains, having to pay a huge fine, compensation to the victim's family or being finished off by a local whom cannot afford my hospital bills......brrrrrrrrr

You can drive on your valid foriegn license for 90 days. Then you will need to get a Philippine license.

An international drivers permit is little more than a translation card, to translate your DL into other languages. If your license is in English, it will serve absolutely no purpose in the Philippines.

Larry

dazedandconfused is offline Junior Member
    Thanks

Thanks Rhoody

I'll give the guys at Ken's Trading a call.

Kenny is offline DI Member
    Thanks

As a foreigner you are f!#$! whenever you are involved in an accident, insured or not. Have enough money in your pocket to pay them off right away, or get a plane-ticket out of here...

This part of Rhoody's advice is the most valuable. Buy the first cop on the scene or you are scr**ed.
    Kenny

Maximus is offline DI Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post

This part of Rhoody's advice is the most valuable. Buy the first cop on the scene or you are scr**ed.
    Kenny
    That pretty much applies almost anywhere in the world...

Rarity54f is offline DI Member
    Thanks

I think there is another one that rents vans and cars. Try looking up Scud's. I will try to get its number but I remember it rents a van for Php 1,800 per day. I am now wishing I have this kind of business.LOL

garbonzo is offline DI Member
    Thanks

Yes, if you are a foreigner in a third world country you are fooked in an accident....I spent ten years in Saudi Arabia....had about two dozen Saudis run into me...destroyed two cars...and heavily damaged several others....Always hilarious...usually crowds would gather....some on your side...most on the enemy side. Yap yap...grumble grumble....After an hour or so the cops show up..Then the obligatory trip to the police station...The good news is my Arabic and understanding of the bullshit process and procedures was enough to get me out of there without paying some dumb-ass arab for running into me. The bad news was me fixing my cars at my expense...but I still was much better off than most. A couple days in jail and fixing their cars too for running into you was pretty normal...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast