Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 34
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: ferry Cagayan de Oro to dumaguete

  1. #1
    robbie is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    belgium
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default ferry Cagayan de Oro to dumaguete

    Hi, I am looking for transportation from cdo to Dumaguete.
    So far I only found Cebu Ferries Corporation - Schedules, leaving
    cdo on tuesdaynights.
    Is this my only option?
    I would prefer leaving cdo on friday or saturday.

  2. #2
    subdude is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    That's all I've ever found as well. I try to work it where I take the ferry on one leg and fast ferry to Cebu and fly to CDO. I prefer to take the ferry to DMGT and get a good nights sleep and not to waste a whole day on the return.




  3. #3
    lakotamoon is offline DI Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    35
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    any heads up info on travel from butuan or surigao to dumaguete? so far all i have found is routes that go around and round and round. nothing seems to be directly connecting. thanks!
    crazy horse

  4. #4
    cactusflower is offline DI Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Florida; Valencia in the future
    Posts
    89
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lakotamoon View Post
    any heads up info on travel from butuan or surigao to dumaguete? so far all i have found is routes that go around and round and round. nothing seems to be directly connecting. thanks!
    crazy horse
    There is no direct route from Butuan to Dgte, no matter what type of transportation you are taking. I always have to go to Cebu or Cagayan to get to Dgte. One time I was desperate, I have to take a plane from Butuan to Manila and then Manila to Dgte. There is a port in Nasipit (near Butuan), but I dont think they have a direct route to Dgte.
    carpe diem, gjh

  5. #5
    dbot987 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default CDO to Dumaguete

    I found that Cebu Ferries offers a boat from CDO to Dumaguete only on Saturdays departing at 12 noon and arriving Dumaguete at 7:30 sunday morning. Is that the only way to get to Dumaguete from CDO other than going to Cebu or Manila first?

  6. #6
    RR_biker is offline DI Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    266
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 17 Times in 13 Posts

    Default ferry CDO to Dumaguete

    Quote Originally Posted by dbot987 View Post
    I found that Cebu Ferries offers a boat from CDO to Dumaguete only on Saturdays departing at 12 noon and arriving Dumaguete at 7:30 sunday morning. Is that the only way to get to Dumaguete from CDO other than going to Cebu or Manila first?
    As far as I know this is indeed the only ferry once a week between these 2 cities. Same ferry returns to CDO on Sunday morning 10am.

  7. #7
    shadow is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Cebu
    Posts
    2,561
    Thanks
    115
    Thanked 243 Times in 164 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dbot987 View Post
    I found that Cebu Ferries offers a boat from CDO to Dumaguete only on Saturdays departing at 12 noon and arriving Dumaguete at 7:30 sunday morning. Is that the only way to get to Dumaguete from CDO other than going to Cebu or Manila first?
    That gives new definition to the term "slow boat"! Do they give the passengers oars?

    Larry

  8. #8
    RR_biker is offline DI Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    266
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 17 Times in 13 Posts

    Default ferry CDO to Dumaguete

    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    That gives new definition to the term "slow boat"! Do they give the passengers oars?Larry
    It's not a speedboat of course, lol. A sailing time of roughly 7 hours seems to me quite acceptable. The alternative flying CDO-Cebu-Dumaguete, might be even more time consuming.

  9. #9
    shadow is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Cebu
    Posts
    2,561
    Thanks
    115
    Thanked 243 Times in 164 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RR_biker View Post
    It's not a speedboat of course, lol. A sailing time of roughly 7 hours seems to me quite acceptable. The alternative flying CDO-Cebu-Dumaguete, might be even more time consuming.
    A sailing time of 7 hours would be quite acceptable, but how do you find a sailing time of 19.5 hours?

    Maybe they stop to fish somewhere along the way.

    Larry




  10. #10
    RR_biker is offline DI Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    266
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 17 Times in 13 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    A sailing time of 7 hours would be quite acceptable, but how do you find a sailing time of 19.5 hours?
    Maybe they stop to fish somewhere along the way.
    Larry
    You didn't include details about the 19,5 hours
    I used this ferry many times (in both directions) and never exceeded the sailing time of 7,5 hours except in the event of a delay, what happened once.
    I am not promoting this connection and if someone knows a better option do yourself a favour and use that particular one.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •