Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By PatO
  • 1 Post By shadow

Thread: Zamboanguita Zoo Outing

PatO is offline DI Member
    Thanks

Default Zamboanguita Zoo Outing

While the small zoo is not for everyone, to be sure, but for an 18 month old boy it may as well have been the San Diego Zoo. We had lunch at Mike's Beach Resort then drove out to the close-by zoo. Nice family outing.
    expatron likes this.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PatO For This Useful Post:

Knowdafish (02-27-2013)

Knowdafish is offline DI Member
    Thanks

It sounds like a nice outing. What animals did you see and what was the condition of the place and the animals?

DavyL200 is online now DI Member
    Thanks

There is no choice here unfortunately, but like you say pat for your son it was probably a great place! I stopped by at zambongita the other day to check out that other place with turtles linked to the zoo with three turtles in an 10 ft square pond. Again I did not stay long! And will never go back,my wife was talking with the owner and she mentioned they do not get a lot of custom,I wonder why! I really would love to raise enough money to set those turtles free so they can roam the oceans as they should do!
    bacongapartments.com

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Knowdafish View Post
    It sounds like a nice outing. What animals did you see and what was the condition of the place and the animals?
    Greg, we saw a large eagle, monkeys, a humongous croc, a python in a box which the caretaker opened the box and tapped on the snake's nose to wake him up, baby guiny pigs (sp), a wild boar, lots of long neck different birds, and in the museum a large number of stuffed animals including a big ape, and a deer. Probably some others as well. The big cat is no longer there. No one should go there with high expectations, except kids.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to PatO For This Useful Post:

Knowdafish (02-27-2013)

Knowdafish is offline DI Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PatO View Post
    Greg, we saw a large eagle, monkeys, a humongous croc, a python in a box which the caretaker opened the box and tapped on the snake's nose to wake him up, baby guinea pigs, a wild boar, lots of long neck different birds, and in the museum a large number of stuffed animals including a big ape, and a deer. Probably some others as well. The big cat is no longer there. No one should go there with high expectations, except kids.
    Good enough. Thank you! Next time we are down that way we'll take Noah to see it. I think he would enjoy it.

expatron is online now DI Member
    Thanks

Me too, next time I will take my kids to see it. Tks Pat

Dave & Imp is online now DI Member
    Thanks

Default More small animal place (I would not call them zoos)

Quote Originally Posted by PatO View Post
    No one should go there with high expectations, except kids.
    For you son, and a lot closer, Valencia Agricultural Center has a few animals... it is free. It has three monkeys, rabbits, and some huge bats. Which you can get very close too. There was also a snake. Just ask around, it is one street up from the park and parallel to the park street.

There is also the Silaman Zoo, with it animals, and a the bridge walk experience to see the deer.

Have fun.

In another 17 years you could take him to Why Not, that is a real zoo with many human sub-species exhibited or is that sub-human species?
    This is Dave, Imp is sleeping again

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave & Imp For This Useful Post:

grandpainak (03-30-2013), Knowdafish (02-27-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dave & Imp View Post
    For you son, and a lot closer, Valencia Agricultural Center has a few animals... it is free. It has three monkeys, rabbits, and some huge bats. Which you can get very close too. There was also a snake. Just ask around, it is one street up from the park and parallel to the park street.

There is also the Silaman Zoo, with it animals, and a the bridge walk experience to see the deer.

Have fun.

In another 17 years you could take him to Why Not, that is a real zoo with many human sub-species exhibited or is that sub-human species?
    Although many of you bring your kids to Why Not, I am hopeful my son will rise above that place and bring his date to a more classy place.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to PatO For This Useful Post:

Knowdafish (02-27-2013)

shadow is offline Administrator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dave & Imp View Post
    For you son, and a lot closer, Valencia Agricultural Center has a few animals... it is free. It has three monkeys, rabbits, and some huge bats.

Hell we have all of that at home!

Larry
    grandpainak likes this.