Note: the Google search only searches the Dumaguete Info website, the first few results you see are advertisements but anything below that will be DI only results.
- Click on the forum that you want to post in ie; New Member Introductions
- At the top right there is a button titled "Start New Topic".
- Add in your title to your thread ie; "Hello I'm new".
- Type you main content into the larger box underneath.
- Below the main content box you may, optionally, add "Tags". These are words or short phrases that describe your topic that will help other users searching for similar information.
- When you are done with your message and want to post it click on the "Create Thread" button just below.
- Navigate to the topic (discussion/thread) you wish to reply to.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Find the Post Reply Box where you can type into and add media and/or pictures. Note you will see your account avatar to the left of this box.
- If needed you can select "More Options..." to go to a separate page with additional reply options.
- Once finished with your reply click the "Post Reply" button underneath.
Single Quote - To quickly quote single full post made by a user simply go to the post you wish to quote and hit the "Reply" button below it:
After you click this button you will automatically be brought down to the Reply Box and the post you replied to will be placed inside the quote ([QUOTE][/QUOTE]) BB code:
Multi-Quote - To easily quote multiple posts by one or more users go to the first post you wish to quote and click the "+Quote" button. You will be notified the selection was made:
Repeat this with other messages you wish to quote in your reply. Once finished scroll down to the reply box and click the "Insert Quotes" button (located opposite the "Post Reply" button) to review the quotes you selected and then press "Quote These Messages":
Selective Quote - You can selectively quote parts of a post by simply highlighting the section you wish to quote with your mouse or touch screen and then clicking the +Quote or Reply Button.
By default any thread you start or reply to will become watched. This will generate an email every time someone replies as well as an alert on the alert's menu. You can change this behavior in your preferences.
To watch a thread without participating simply click “Watch Thread” on top of any thread.
To add an attachment:
- Click the “Upload File” button.
- Find and select the desired file on your computer.
- Wait for upload to finish.
- If an image file, chose to insert either a "Thumbnail" or "Full Image".
- If you do not insert a thumbnail or full size image, thumbnails will automatically be placed at the bottom of your post.
Allowed File Types: