Dumaguete Info Search

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Featured American Shot In Bar - Silay City, Negros Occidental

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by Kilam63, May 17, 2018 at 9:28 AM.

1. Kilam63

Kilam63 DI New Member Veteran Air Force

Retired
    Ratings:
    +8 / -0
    Blood Type:
    A+
    An American national was shot dead by two men on Tuesday night in Silay City, Negros Occidental.

The Silay City Police said 57-year-old Eric Hendrickson was shot at around 10:10 p.m. in front of a hospital in Barangay 5.

The victim, who is from Iowa, United States, sustained a gunshot wound to the left side of his head. Hendrickson was brought at Teresita L. Jalandoni Provincial Hospital, where he was declared dead on arrival.

Police, meanwhile, have arrested two suspects in Hendrickson's killing identified as Gilbert Apellido, 40, and Neil Brian Corseno, 18.

Apellido and Corseno were arrested only five minutes after the shooting incident.

Police investigators have yet to determine the motive of the suspects.

American shot dead in Negros; 2 suspects nabbed

• Informative Informative x 3
  2. OzeMike

OzeMike DI Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +69 / -0
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Update on this shooting family appeal for help:
    Family of American gunned down in Silay City bar appeal for help

3. Wrye83

Wrye83 with pastrami Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

Electronic Warfare
    Ratings:
    +10,515 / -10
    Blood Type:
    O+
    :o o: Of all the reasons to be shot...wow. The guy did what he should have done in the situation. I've turned down countless requests for drinks from complete strangers. When they get snappy about the "rich Kano" not buying them a beer I just turn and walk away. I guess I should slowly back away and call a guard from now on.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Sedona

Sedona DI Member

Ratings:
    +71 / -0
    Wow, so sad.

5. Happy Camper

Happy Camper DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +58 / -0
    Blood Type:
    O+
    And that is why I don't go out at night. When the sun goes down and it gets dark too many bad things seem to happen. Add the liquid courage to pride and ego and that is not a good combination. I have read where two Filipino's went at it and the motive for the fight and injuries was that the one Filipino thought the other one was "starring" at him.

• Like Like x 1
  6. ChMacQueen

ChMacQueen DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,077 / -0
    Prime example of why its better to just put down rabid dogs then continue dealing with them. A strict death penalty will make things like this less common. Do we really think these guys would face serious years in prison? My bet is a couple at best because the cost of taking care of them.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Wrye83

Wrye83 with pastrami Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

Electronic Warfare
    Ratings:
    +10,515 / -10
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Except these types of things still happen in countries with death penalties.....all the time. Death penalties only treat a symptom, not the actual cause.

Yeah, they probably will.

8. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Army

Painter & decorator
    Ratings:
    +652 / -0
    Blood Type:
    A+
    they will do a few years while waiting for their sentence.

9. ex231

ex231 DI Member

Ratings:
    +73 / -0
    The recidivism rate of those that are executed inarguably drops to zero.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Sedona

Sedona DI Member

Ratings:
    +71 / -0
    Personally, I'm against the death penalty in all but the very most heinous and extreme cases. Actually, a life sentence in the Philippines is probably worse than a death penalty. Could it be possible though that the rampant mass extra-judicial murdering of citizens sanctioned from the top contributes to what appears to be the growing lack of appreciation for the value of a human life?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2