Dumaguete Info Search

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Barking dogs (Was Dgte City Bylaws)

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by Edward K, Jan 4, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Wrye83

Wrye83 DI Forum Luminary Admin Secured Account Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +8,481 / -6
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I don't think he cares about the barking dogs or their owners in Manila much....just the ones within earshot. :wink:

2. Edward K

Edward K DI Member Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +77 / -0
    Thanks for all the ideas. First i like and respect animals more than most humans, so harm is out, even if they are totally crazed, untrained, uncared for, bored, ignored, etc..... Second, i already talked him out of his 3000 watt outdoor stereo system pointed at our bedroom wall, or at least i haven't heard it since new years day (keep my fingers crossed), so complaining so soon makes me look the baddie (I'm the nutcase ????)... Also been looking for the little cheap foam earplugs (ahh, city life) Anybody tried one of the free dog whistle apps for mobiles ???

3. Wrye83

Ratings:
    +8,481 / -6
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Never tried but I suspect it would really depend if your phone's speakers were capable of producing the correct frequencies. I imagine you should ignore most reviews on the dog whistle apps as there are many idiots out there that don't read descriptions and when they can't hear the whistle they give a 1 star rating. (I can only imagine the stupid sh*t customer service at a dog whistle companies get. :rolleyes:)

4. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +350 / -0
    Just for shits and giggles, I just tried several apps claiming to stop dogs from barking on my Cherry Mobile. 1 kinda hurt my ears but none were noticed by my dogs...

5. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +404 / -0
    Blood Type:
    A+
    What's The Frequency, Kenneth? - YouTube

6. seeker

seeker DI New Member Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +1 / -0
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Not suggesting a course of action just an interesting bit of trivia. I've been told thieves here in the Philippines use MSG laced meat to get rid of troublesome watchdogs. Apparently it's poison to them. (The dogs not the thieves.)

7. Wrye83

Ratings:
    +8,481 / -6
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Dogs do not die from ingesting monosodium glutamate (MSG). Not that scientists haven't given it their best to verify that claim.

MONOSODIUM GLUTAMATE - National Library of Medicine HSDB Database

8. Bruce

Bruce DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +129 / -0
    Blood Type:
    O+
    We also suffer same problem. Went talked nicely to the arrogant owner whom became very aggressive.

Two days later received a summons to appear before baraungry which we did. It was explained I am a foreigner and a second class citizen hence no right to complain at all.

Another reason to rent instead of buying .Like previous posted ear plugs.Just amazes me even with 3 meter high wall these G S dogs are on a short chain 24/7. Abuse extream which is accepted here.

9. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Ratings:
    +3,722 / -0
    Sorry but I disagree here, Although were are non Status they know who pays the bills

10. seeker

seeker DI New Member Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +1 / -0
    Blood Type:
    O+