Dumaguete Info Search

Philippines

News

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Dining in Dumaguete City - Your Opinions Wanted!!!

Discussion in 'Dining - Nightlife - Entertainment' started by Irenicus, Jun 5, 2017.

1. Gabrielle_K

Gabrielle_K DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +196 / -0
    What's the least worst option is more like it isn't it? I mean you can go to a Denny's in the US and a better prepared/tasting meal than most restaurants in Dgte.

I often go to CB for a number of reasons; I can usually get two meals out of what I order, ambiance, location, not too crowded, and the food's usually done well-or well enough. Can't beat home cooking though-when we're eating out it's to give Ma a break.

Adamo needs a multi-page menu with lots of pics to entice and tantalize people instead of a single-sided print menu. It wouldn't cost much at all an informative menu. Not on a FB page... but menus at the restaurant.

2. Edward K

Edward K DI Member Veteran Navy ✤Forum Sponsor✤

Ratings:
    +125 / -0
    Hey GB, thanks for answering and appreciate your opinions. I just think we have different tastes..

3. Muffy

Muffy DI Junior Member Showcase Reviewer

yes
    Ratings:
    +13 / -0
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Nice work, thank you! Would be nice if this gets updated from time to time...

• Like Like x 1
  4. Edward K

Edward K DI Member Veteran Navy ✤Forum Sponsor✤

Ratings:
    +125 / -0
    Couple updates. Last night, mostly cuz of posts here, we tried Andy's Grill, hidden in the residential area near robinson's .... WOW, had a steak, if the other dishes are as good as that and the Hunter's Steak, Andy's will be a regular spot. Small, but very good.

Note, we rarely make reservations, unlike California, where it's a chore. See story below after serious stuff, and GK, the cut up napkins i've heard, is some barato's (cheapskate's) idea of saving money, DCDWI (Dumaguete City, Deal With It). I think whoever told me that was serious...

By the way, i'm starting a movement (so far, only one person). I've heard all sorts of excuses about "out of stock," from VENDOR to INATTENTIVE MANAGER to "EVERYTHING COMES FROM CEBU," but with so many new good restaurants, i'm going to cut (not eliminate) my visits drastically to places where half the menu is "out of stock" way-too-often. Owners beware, i've heard that many restaurant owners simply don't buy stuff because they're too cheap to tie up funds in inventory. If that's true, they will eventually lose me and other customers. Time to find another business if that's the case, or redo ur menu. .

Short story but typical of california, my previous residence. Hot new restaurant opens, decide to make a reservation just to try it out, at 70 yrs old not something we did often. Called, "sorry, but we are booked for the next six weeks." I said, "what the hell, i'll take something in the 7th week." Restaurant: "sorry, but we only take reservations 6 weeks in advance..." Never went there in the next decade, it closed. Pretentious jerks. Typical, one reason i'm here, no longer there.. <grin>...

• Like Like x 5