Dumaguete Info Search

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cebu Pacific Feb/March 2017 schedule change

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by cabb, Jan 7, 2017.

1. cabb

cabb DI Forum Adept Highly Rated Poster ✤Forum Sponsor✤

Ratings:
    +271 / -0
    Just curious if anyone knows why the discontinuance of CEB-DGT flights on Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday. It appears from my spot checking to go from Feb 1 to March 31 and then the once a day, 7 days a week schedule returns. During the time I mention above, Tues/Wed/Sat flights from CEB to DGT routes through Manila and costs about 2-3x more. When my wife booked a flight there was a morning flight and afternoon, now there is none. Just talked to them and it sounds like there are a lot of flights getting consolidated due to low load factors.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
  2. shotshapers

shotshapers DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +104 / -0
    Its an absolute joke of a system, how in the name of fuxx, these people can be running the place, its not like there is a bunch of airports to look after

no more direct flights from philippine airlines (have to travel to manila first) and all the drama that entails
    cebu pacific prices to and from cebu are an absolute joke

paid 8,500 for 4 of us from cebu to caticlan return (albeit promo price) with PA, yet CP want 6k going to cebu and 18k return from cebu

would rather walk or swim to cebu for that money

so a big pat on the back for all involved with CP, WHY HOLLYWOOD DONT MAKE MOVIES BASED ON MOST FILIPINO POLICIES IS BEYOND ME

3. NYC

NYC DI Member ★ No Ads ★ Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Ratings:
    +73 / -0
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Just my 2 cents worth (PHP1), maybe they are having problems getting qualified pilots and need to spread the schedule thin to make the most of what they have. Having just retired from the industry in the U.S., it is starting to happen there as the lower tier carriers cannot fulfill their schedules due to lack of cockpit crew. The U.S. market is the most lucrative for pilots from a money standpoint, so any foreign pilots with enough experience to meet U.S. requirements and a US license will usually end up there (or at another of the top-tier international carriers which also pay well.)

There's not much going on in the way of training new pilots, either.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  4. Wrye83

Wrye83 DI Forum Luminary Admin Secured Account Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +8,477 / -6
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Cebu Pacific looking to hire 300 cabin crew
    Seems they are pretty short on cabin crew.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. NYC

Ratings:
    +73 / -0
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Cabin crew shortage causing cancellations is 100% a failure of management. It should be very easy to get applicants hired and trained for that job. There are probably enough out-of-work graduate nurses alone in the Philippines to fill every cabin slot they have empty. I bet they have 10,000 highly qualified applications for each of those 300 slots, and training can be accomplished in less than a month. I imagine the problem is turnover. Many young people have a glamorized vision of being an airline flight attendant and find out very quickly that it is a thankless, stressful and difficult job. I worked successfully 37 years in the cockpit; if I tried the flight attendant job I am certain I would quit after my first flight, or they would fire me after my second.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  6. cabb

cabb DI Forum Adept Highly Rated Poster ✤Forum Sponsor✤

Ratings:
    +271 / -0
    Just curious what airline that was for? Seems like only 1 or 2 airlines have made it through the last 37 years unscathed.

7. NYC

Ratings:
    +73 / -0
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Who said "unscathed"? Want to see my scars?

Seriously, I retired from American Airlines after having been with the acquired USAir(ways) after having been with the acquired Piedmont Airlines (of Winston-Salem.)

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List