Dumaguete Info Search

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fords Weren't Meant to Fly

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Wrye83, Feb 17, 2017.

1. Wrye83

Wrye83 DI Forum Luminary Admin Secured Account Veteran Army

Electronic Warfare
    Ratings:
    +8,867 / -7
    Blood Type:
    O+
    ...and almost exactly 2 years ago:
    Better watch out (or up) if you ever find yourself in LA, you never know when a Ford might fall out of the sky and land on you. :rolleyes:

At 74 years old, I think it might be time for this guy to find a safer hobby.....for everyone's sake.

Back in 2010:

Makes you wonder......:cautious:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
  2. cabb

cabb DI Forum Adept Highly Rated Poster ✤Forum Sponsor✤

Ratings:
    +341 / -0
    Lots of other things around here are more likely to kill you, like a Toyota, Honda, BMW or Mercedes.

3. NYC

NYC DI Member ★ No Ads ★ Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Airline pilot
    Ratings:
    +96 / -0
    Blood Type:
    A-
    74 is not so old for a pilot if he/she takes reasonable care of him/herself. But it sounds like Ford needs better equipment (top-notch headphones to hear clearly what his instructions are from the controller) and better maintenance to preclude the necessity of landing on golf courses. With all his money, there is no excuse. If he would spend the bucks, that "vintage" airplane would be in better shape now than the day it rolled off the assembly line.

4. Wrye83

Wrye83 DI Forum Luminary Admin Secured Account Veteran Army

Electronic Warfare
    Ratings:
    +8,867 / -7
    Blood Type:
    O+
    He is notorious for regularly getting stoned off his *ss as well from what I'm reading online (and that video pretty much confirms he is no stranger to it). The FDA halted both investigations into his incidents because they had such a large backlog. I think a drug test should have been performed, especially on this most recent incident where he flew over a loaded commercial airline.

I have absolutely no problem with a person smoking weed or really any other drug (it's simply not my business what other people do to their own bodies), but any drug that severely impairs ones judgment should be used responsibly and be completely clear from ones system prior to flying a plane.

5. cabb

cabb DI Forum Adept Highly Rated Poster ✤Forum Sponsor✤

Ratings:
    +341 / -0
    My experience with the FAA is you are usually guilty until proven innocent. It was you who decided to get in the airplane that day. :wink: That said, I'm sure he thought he was landing on the runway.

I wonder what the remedial training looks like. Runways have numbers on the end of a long strait concrete path with numbers from 0 to 36 and look like this. :whistling:

[​IMG]

6. Gabrielle_K

Gabrielle_K DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +160 / -0
    This Ford flies

[​IMG]