Dumaguete Info Search

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Utilities & Mobile Globe Wifi 10 Mbps Bacong

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by Chris128, Mar 3, 2017.

1. Chris128

Chris128 DI Junior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +20 / -0
    Anyone on the forum using Globe wifi in Bacong? I would like to move into a house there but for a reason I wont go into they can't sort out a fixed line for a month. I run an online counselling service so need a reliable service.
    I used globe fixed line when I first arrived in dumaguete and it was great - only 7mbs but never failed. I switched to fixed line pldt 25 Mbps and again for the last year only one day when it went off. So all in all my experience with the internet here has been really good.
    So back to the point - the house I want to move into doesnt have a PLDT line available and for a month I will have to rely on 10mbps globe wifi - its a risk as it could greatly affect my business if it isnt very reliable so just looking for some info from people using it
    Thanks
    Christine

2. Best Answer:
    Post #3 by Dutchjob, Mar 3, 2017 (4 points)
  3. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +3,645 / -0
    I dont think you will get 10 mbps out here in bacong,the most available is 7 mbps i think. We are on 5 mbps and its ok and reliable most of the time and dsl.
    There are crap download limits on all new packages also!

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Dutchjob

Dutchjob DI Member

Fulltime Gago, part time manager
    Ratings:
    +38 / -0
    Best Answer
    My guess is you mean LTE At Home, not Globe Wifi. For sure this is available in big parts of Bacong.
    Mostly it works a bit more reliable then the DSL Fixed line solutions. Just because there is no line to break.

Just know that the 'allocation' is ridiculously low now on new contracts, for DSL 100Gb per month and only 50Gb!!! per month on LTE (wireless). All on Globe.
    We have a old 7Mbps DSL GLobe contract with 10Gb per day allocated, so this could addup to 300Gb per month theoretically. This is for all entertainment, streaming, downloading... This one works... when the cable is not broken. But i can not work on it, just not reliable enough...

PLDT got the same wireless product of course, Ultera. For sure also available in Bacong. I got a 5Mbps with just 50Gb allocation I use for work. Like everything here, it works sometimes, sometimes it does not. For calling i use a separate SmartBRO LTE modem witch actually gives by far the best connection for calling via internet. Lowest latencies and if you just do nothing else on that line is works mostly. The SmartBRO is just a prepaid card with a 70Php promo per week voor 1Gb data with is plenty to call, so cheap.

So my advise, if you need it for work never rely on one connection here. All go offline once in a while, just a fact of live here. If you make sure you can switch, specially between two differet providers, that takes away a lot of stress.

If you are waiting for a cable coming to the house there, and if there is a Smart LTE (or Globe LTE) signal there you can use that signal on a prepaid SmartBRO or Tattoo simcard to share internet form a cell phone or Mifi. When the signal is good, LTE on prepaid can give you a surprisingly good internet up to 40Mbps up and down!!

5. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,084 / -1
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I am with Fil Products and there is no download limit, I have been downloading 100GB's+ per week since connection and have not been slowed down in any way.

For the OP; Fil Products have 6mbps Cable connection and I believe it is now at Dauin and creeping closer to Dumaguete each day, I have found it reliable for browsing whilst downloading at the same time so might be worth a look see if you have nothing else available, 2600 PHP per month with the Cable TV package, not bad value IMHO... :wink:

They also have Fibre-Optic but you had better be sitting down when you get the quote for that! :inpain:

6. tanjay

tanjay DI Junior Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +34 / -0
    Blood Type:
    B+
    I am using Globe Wifi 1599 plan here in Tanjay. Average download speed is 12 Mbps with 1 kbps upload speed. I've been subscribed for 6 months now. Service has gone out 4 times in that time but, only for times less than an hour. For the most part I'm pleased with their service. I don't know if this area is compatible with Bacong.

7. AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Marines Air Force

Ratings:
    +1,169 / -0
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Even within a bangaray wireless signal will be different quality. It is the nature of angle, distance, and clear line from you to the tower. With my pocket wifi in Combado I was lucky to get 1Mb through the trees, homes and security walls. When I got a B315 LTE modem and connected to an external antenna on the roof I could routinely, but not reliably get 20+Mb - depending on network saturation (even saw 45Mb - at 3am but could drop to 0.2Mb from 4pm-10pm on school nights).

So, my final answer is... a good connection is possible in Bacong but no one can answer this for you. You have to try it yourself at the house unless you have neighbors that have tried.

• Like Like x 1
  8. danbandanna

danbandanna DI Junior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +30 / -0
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    I just moved to Bacong 2 weeks ago with the same problem... I had 7mbps DSL connection and they could not connect me here in Bacong so I elected to get the LTE 1299 plan with 50GB cap and I am so far delighted !!! I get true 10mbps down and 3to4 mbps up on every speed test I run.. also included is a cell phone with its own sim card with unlimited globe calling and the best thing is that if you own a pocket wifi you can use the sim card in the router and take it with you for portable internet. So far so good... will update after a month or so

9. danbandanna

Ratings:
    +30 / -0
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    and one more thing.... you can elect to increase your data cap by spending 500 p for an additional 50gig so now I am at 1799 with 100 gig cap vs my old plan of 1999 7mbps with 60 gig cap .... yes please !!

10. danbandanna

Ratings:
    +30 / -0
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    I am in South Poblacion just south of the market so your results may vary...

11. danbandanna

Ratings:
    +30 / -0
    Blood Type:
    AB+