Dumaguete Info Search

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electronics & Appliances Ipad speaker repair

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by DavyL200, Feb 14, 2017.

1. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +3,621 / -0
    Anyone one had an ipad repaired here? Got an old ipad 2 and the speaker has gone. I dont want use the istore as it was bought in the uk and those people just rob you.

2. Wrye83

Wrye83 DI Forum Luminary Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

Electronic Warfare
    Ratings:
    +9,792 / -8
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Any computer shop that can replace a laptop speaker should be more than capable of changing an i-pad 2 speaker if you go in there with the required replacement part. Or...

Do it yourself for less than P1500 (or maybe nothing at all):
    1. Check to see if it is a software issue. This tutorial should help you with that. If not then that sucks, it's a hardware issue.
    2. Order part online - iPad 2 Speaker Assembly New ($19.95)
    3. Required tools/adhesive can be purchased (cheaply) from Tops and Bottoms in Dumaguete or you can buy online if you don't already have.
    4. Follow this tutorial to change the speaker. (Note: don't try to skip out on the heat-gun part. You WILL need it unless you want to crack your screen/internal components/batteries.)
    Even though a computer shop would be capable of doing it doesn't mean they will be willing do it or will do it in a timely manner. Because of this I usually choose to repair my own electronics. The steps above are going to be the procedure that a computer shop goes through to attempt to repair the device.....except when they get to the part where they actually replace hardware you will get the "Sorry sir, no parts in stock. It will take 6 months for the part to arrive from Manila." No thanks, I'm quite capable of such a simple repairs myself and I can get the parts in the Philippines from China (where they are manufactured for Apple) in about 2-3 weeks.

Note: I have seen one cell phone shop in the mall with a guy working in it that appeared to be knowledgeable on electronics repair (he had a multi-meter, knew how to use it and even appeared to know what Ohm's Law was...judging from some chicken-scratch written down on a notepad). He was working in the cell phone shop upstairs that is on the corner before you turn to go to Handyman. However, I'm quite certain he will not have the part you need on hand and it will need to be ordered. I would recommend checking for software issues, in step one above, prior to taking it to any shop.

3. OP
    OP
    DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +3,621 / -0
    Done all that stuff a week ago,istore repair shop no stocks as obsolete as ipad 2,phoned around couple of other places and same answer.
    But dig get a pm from a helpful memeber on here for a solution so will check it out mext time im in the mall. Thx
    Looked at the youtube vid also and deff not be doing it myself.

4. Wrye83

Wrye83 DI Forum Luminary Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

Electronic Warfare
    Ratings:
    +9,792 / -8
    Blood Type:
    O+
    lol Yeah, those videos always make it look easier than what the real world will dish out. Looked like they were working on a slightly used ipad2 on top of that. A heavily used one, especially in the heat of the Philippines, would likely be a major b*tch to get open and putting back together without breaking anything.

• Agree Agree x 1