Dumaguete Info Search

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electronics & Appliances MacBook technician

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by NYC, Apr 13, 2017.

1. NYC

NYC DI Member ★ No Ads ★ Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Airline pilot
    Ratings:
    +111 / -0
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Is there anyone in the area that can competently work on a MacBook Pro? I supposed I could go to the iStore at Robinsons, but I assume (maybe unfairly) that they will simply want to ship it off to Cebu, or Manila. I would get it back in a month, if I am lucky, and might end up with more problems than I started with.

Are all the smart Filipinos in Cebu? Manila? OFW?

2. Wrye83

Wrye83 DI Forum Luminary Admin Secured Account Veteran Army

Electronic Warfare
    Ratings:
    +9,576 / -8
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Maybe send a message to @PCDoc

3. OP
    OP
    NYC

NYC DI Member ★ No Ads ★ Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Airline pilot
    Ratings:
    +111 / -0
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Thanks, but that looks like a twitter address. I don't do twitter. Never will (well, probably never will.)

But all is not lost. Since you are the admin: Another member started a conversation with me about this, but the page does not show anywhere to reply. Do I have to start yet another new conversation?

4. Wrye83

Wrye83 DI Forum Luminary Admin Secured Account Veteran Army

Electronic Warfare
    Ratings:
    +9,576 / -8
    Blood Type:
    O+
    @NYC

If you throw an @ in front of a username it will send the user an email and/or notification (depending on their account settings) letting them know they were mentioned in a thread. If you click on the username with the @ in front of it a pop-up will show giving you an option to see their profile/contact them through PM/etc. This is exactly the same as clicking on a users profile picture. It is in no way related to twitter.

The only way you can be restricted from replying to a message is if the other user left the conversation (deleted it) or clicked the box saying they want the PM locked (I don't know if regular users can do this or not). Without being able to see what is on your screen (via screenshots) I cannot say for sure what the problem is. Sending another PM is an option.