Dumaguete Info Search

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Malatapy/ Maluay Bridge Under Repair

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by Brian Oinks, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +362 / -1
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I assume the latest Govt. Budget is for rebuilding Bridges locally? :o o:

Workers have been jack Hammering away late into the night for close to two weeks now rebuilding the Bridge where you enter near to the Malatapay Markets, too lazy to go have a look see as it is very tight there and LOTS of backed up traffic trying to cross via one open lane, curious, but reading elsewhere it was stated that the cement seems to be the problem here, judging by the amount of jack Hammering they must be removing a LOT of cement from the bridge as it seems to be never ending... :o o:

Looked through the list online of upcoming local improvements and could not find anything on the Maluay Bridge in there, so maybe the Govt. is just washing off available funds, I WISH they would extend the Water lines so I could install a Shower and buy a Washing Machine... :o o:

http://www.negor.gov.ph/download/fulldisclosure/DILG-fund utilization-20 percent dec 2013.pdf

2. Show Pony

Show Pony DI Senior Member Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +753 / -0
    Off topic a bit but for around 15K you could install a 1000 liter storage tank and a pressure pump with a pressure tank and the assorted switches you would need.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. cabb

cabb DI Forum Adept Highly Rated Poster ✤Forum Sponsor✤

Ratings:
    +341 / -0
    First thing, I'm going to do when I'm there more often along with drilling a well. Don't let me forget air-conditioning too.

4. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +362 / -1
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Papa's Well is small, when my wife and I hand pump the water even now it runs down to a trickle meaning around 60+ pumps to fill a single bucket (We daily fill 3x 45liter Pails for use in the CR, Shower & Kitchen) I am SURE if I installed an Electric Pump, the rest of the Family would NEVER use the hand pump again meaning it would quickly burn out the electric pump when water runs so low, and I am expecting even worse water supply this coming Summer :unsure:

We did get two quotes from supposedly "good businesses" who sink the Pipes and install Electric Pumps etc... First one had a gang of 7 Guys who told me it would take around a week to sink down 3 lengths of pipe and fit a hand pump (no electric pump/tank etc mentioned) I needed to supply the Piping/ casing etc as well as the hand Pump, then "feed the crew" daily, all for a CHEAP 40,000php! :woot:
    I did not even reply and walked back inside leaving my Wife and Papa to deal with them... :o o:

Second guy came out and said he could sink the pipes (3x lengths) for me if I supplied everything for 30,000php... Again just sink the pipes and fit a hand pump outside of our kitchen door to save walking so far carrying buckets of water... Sorry but I felt like I was being had so told him I would think about it... :unsure:
    But at least I didn't have to feed his crew... :biggrin:

After Two+ Years living here (Block House/Nipa Roof) I rarely use a Pedestal Fan and think Air conditioning is overrated, when we stayed in Cebu at the Hotel I HATED the Aircon there, honestly; I think unless you come from Alaska/ Canada and LOVE it there, then a Fan and open doors and windows work just fine... :thumbsup: