Dumaguete Info Search

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Garbage "Stickers" and collection

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by Edward K, Aug 29, 2017.

1. Edward K

Edward K DI Member Veteran Navy ✤Forum Sponsor✤

Ratings:
    +133 / -0
    We're in Pulantubig, new garbage pickup days, new trucks, and somebody said we needed "stickers" for our bags to be picked up, talk about segregating our stuff.

Tried here, tried DumagueteCity.gov.ph, tried farcebook, can't find anything definitive about segregating or "stickers"....

Anybody got ANY REAL INFORMATION AND SOURCES ???? (no rants, bitching, the missus family...etc, please).

Would be nice. Our part of calfornia, before we left, was up to recycling / composting 85% of it's "trash," had three different colored bins (blue, green, black)

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    Edward K

Ratings:
    +133 / -0
    *Removed website that violates di trademark and copyright. It is on the censorship list for a reason.*

All residences of the area are obliged to follow proper segregation of trash as follows: biodegradable (Malata)and non-biodegradable (Dili Malata). Biodegradable waste materials include dried leaves, paper, spoiled and excess food, fruits, vegetables and anything that can be composed and turn into fertilizer. Non-biodegradable waste on the other hand (plastics, tin, cans, iron, glass and etc.) will be sold and use for recycling.

Collecting of Trash
    Rural barangays are given two days a week for trash collection with the appropriate stickers or tags. Stickers or tags can be purchased at Php 1.50. Trashes that aren’t segregated nor labeled will NOT be collected by the Environment and Natural Resources personnel. Violations of this segregation and labeling will pay a fine.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2017
  3. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,616 / -2
    Thats the nice thing about living in a subdivision. Not my problem. The subdivision hires someone to pick up the trash and take it somewhere. But I did see the segregation policy notice at the Sibulan public market so I know the information is out there. If I think about it I will take a photo next time I am at the market, but you probably have a similar notice at all the public markets.

4. Dutchie

Dutchie DI Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +140 / -0
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Nothing new to the "stickers/label requirement"; when we moved here (Bagacay) from Sibulan last April we already needed those garbage labels and went to the city office (next to the post office, all the way in the back of the building) to buy those labels at PhP 1.50 each.
    The price for these is ridiculously low in my view, there is no way that it covers the cost of garbage collecting (salaries and cost of the trucks).
    However, I do applaud the city for replacing the garbage trucks with new ones (hopefully reliable), and I do acknowledge that it is probably a better idea to fund the garbage collecting (and other city services) through increased property taxes rather than through a more realistic charge for the labels.
    Hopefully over time the city will manage to enforce sensible rules about "no more burning stuff in residential areas".

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Dr. Shiva

Dr. Shiva DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +199 / -0
    Blood Type:
    O-
    Bayawan seems to use a similar garbage collecting and taxing system. Nice to hear that there are some advancements coming up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    Edward K

Ratings:
    +133 / -0
    Went to DMGT City ENR office (second floor annex to right and behind City hall, bought some "non-bio" tags, made up some "bio" labels ourselves and had no problem either, maybe they aren't refusing to pick up yet (this is for dmgt only).....