Dumaguete Info Search

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Public Transportation in Dumaguete

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by Dr. Shiva, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Dr. Shiva

Dr. Shiva DI Member

Ratings:
    +82 / -0
    Blood Type:
    O-
    • This post (and a few that followed) were moved here to keep another thread on topic.
    One thing I did noticed that only few people are using the buses for rides only inside Dumaguete. Can it be that the bus is too expensive just for rides inside Dumaguete? Using more buses just for the city and the suburban area should help to decongest the city if many tricycles are banned from main streets. But changing vehicles will increase the costs of travel.
    There are some city jeepney routes in Dumaguete, but they not cross the downtown area. And the crazy one-way system makes everything worse.

2. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +362 / -1
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I *thought* the Ceres Buses only covered from the Terminal to other Barangays outside of Dumaguete City? Same for the Jeepneys? I assumed the Jeepneys waited at their selected terminals to ferry passengers to other Barangays/Towns outside of the City, not ferrying them around the inner City.

For inner City commuting; I *thought* this was the domain of the Tricycles.

Sometimes we have managed to catch a 'Bus' home, if you can call it that, as it appears to be a glorified Jeepney made in the image of a Bus, in the same way the local Jeepneys are made using what appears to be re-bar and scrap metal, very unlike the design/quality of an actual Ceres Buses...

Maybe it is time they pushed for more Electric Bikes in place of OLD Tricycles that are past their use by date to clean up the City. :o o:

3. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +362 / -1
    Blood Type:
    A+
    *Isn't this what they do in Cebu? I noticed while we were there that the Tricycles only seemed to operate out of the City in outer suburbs. But then Dumaguete does not have actual Taxi Cabs from what I have seen so that would probably create more problems than not...

But; A Park'nRide using small Buses (hopefully LPG powered) that could comfortably carry 30 people would in effect remove 30 Motorbikes from the inner city traffic problem per Bus and greatly decrease the pollution problem at the same time. :thumbsup:
    Maybe 15 if carrying the missus.. :smile:
    Probably 2 if the Rider is transporting the family... :whistling: :rolleyes: