Dumaguete Info Search

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Utilities & Mobile skype home page is unavailable

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by kelpguy, Jul 14, 2017.

1. kelpguy

kelpguy DI Senior Member Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +291 / -0
    i need to make an international landline call and i've been trying to use skype since monday but i'm getting the message, ''skype homepage is unavailable.''

Skype down? Current status and problems | Down Detector has been showing skype as down in the fils but this am (friday 14) shows no problems in the fils but the app still shows ''skype homepage is unavailable.''

i've reinstalled the app but it doesn't help

anyone used skype recently?

thanks all...

2. ShawnM

ShawnM DI Forum Patron ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Construction Manager
    Ratings:
    +933 / -0
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Me and the wife talk on Skype everyday and have had a few messages from her this morning so no issues with Skype from what we are seeing.

Shawn

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +3,586 / -0
    Try the app on your phone norman!

4. Charlie T.

Charlie T. DI Senior Member Veteran Coast Guard

Ratings:
    +355 / -1
    I just made a test call on Skype and no problem.

• Like Like x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    kelpguy

kelpguy DI Senior Member Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +291 / -0
    thanks guys...
    i did try the app on my fone and it worked but my fone has a super sensitive touch screen and i was shy about using it to make a call where i had to enter a bunch of numbers so i went back to the desktop app and started pushing button and found the problem;

my online status showed that i was ''offline'' and i normally have it set to ''invisible'' so people don't ring me when i'm in a conversation, i don't know how my profile got set to ''offline'', maybe one of the hens was on my keyboard again. but i just made my call to a usa bank and talked to a rep in cebu.

it's more fun in da fils.

• Like Like x 2