Dumaguete Info Search

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This will make you smile! Helmet law not strictly implemented in Dumaguete

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by Jack Peterson, May 24, 2016.

1. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +4,248 / -0
    • Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Genius Genius x 1
  2. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,537 / -2
    Not just smiling, Jack, LOL LOL LOL

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +2,213 / -1
    Still working on it? Reminds me of the 3 biggest lies in the world.
    - I'm working on it
    - The checks in the mail
    - I promise not to ... .. .... .....

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. ChMacQueen

ChMacQueen DI Senior Member Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +966 / -0
    Funny article. Yep, the law is just a suggestion as far as Dumaguete is concerned. Nothing will change things here w/o sending in some major harda$$ LTO chief from someplace else and forcing traffic enforcers and police to the job as well.

I still find it funny though they talk now and again how *ohh that helmet law is ignored* yet ignore how many drivers w/o licenses, registrations, plates, working and used lights, illegal lights, illegal mufflers that cause major traffic distrations (when driving my motorcycle I definately use my ears a lot to listen what is coming), and simply bad drivers. Who here especially those on a motorcycle has ever heard of someone here taking a physical driving test? Pay your fee and get your license, no knowledge required.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. btween2worlds

btween2worlds DI Member Infamous

Ratings:
    +27 / -1
    only in the Philippines!

6. robert k

robert k DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,204 / -0
    As of January 129 motorcycle accidents reported. I'm not going to assume that they all happened in January as it is vague but they could have. I also tend to believe that for every one accident reported that there are 10 that are not. Who is going to report a single rider accident if nobody died? As for no congestion entering or leaving town on the highway? Someone needs to have their dosage lowered or they need to start sharing their meds.:biggrin:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Wrye83

Wrye83 DI Forum Luminary Admin Secured Account Veteran Army

Electronic Warfare
    Ratings:
    +9,585 / -8
    Blood Type:
    O+
    No it's not only in this country. Welcome to the 3rd world.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. TheDude

TheDude DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +1,110 / -3
    Wow, the excuses for why people don't wear helmets. Here's another one for you. "We don't have brains, so why wear a helmet? There is nothing to protect there."

9. Mikala

Mikala DI Member Blood Donor Veteran Navy

Nuclear Engineer
    Ratings:
    +141 / -0
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I was T-boned on my rental scooter earlier this year in front of Robinsons (making a left turn). Nothing reported, no payments made and everyone just dusted off and went their separate ways. My injuries gradually healed, but after riding in the USA for 40+ years, I find myself MUCH more cautious riding in the Philippines.

I had an automobile accident (also this year) where a motorcycle rider T-boned my rental car. I did report that to the police though. Supposedly the owner will reimburse me the 8,000p deposit on the rental car that I lost, but I'm still waiting...

• I was wondering about that too! I was wondering about that too! x 1
  10. Wrye83

Wrye83 DI Forum Luminary Admin Secured Account Veteran Army

Electronic Warfare
    Ratings:
    +9,585 / -8
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Helmet law: another nanny state "we know what's best for you" law. It's not like in the US where the tax payers are going to be footing the ER bill. They will die on the steps of the hospital. Not smart enough to wear a helmet? Oh well, no real loss for society IMO.

• Agree Agree x 3